EC anti-terror plans slammed
- LOGISTICS & DISTRIBUTION. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;4/10/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 14, p34
The article offers news related to the logistics side of the chemical industry as of April 10-16, 2006. Italian classification society Rina has issued the first green passport to a chemical tanker. The European Commission has decided to implement the European Rail Traffic Management System on...
- About as clear as mud. Gavaghan, Helen, // New Scientist;11/22/97, Vol. 156 Issue 2109, p63
Focuses on the bureaucracy experienced by journalists when dealing with the European Commission of the European Union. Directives of the Commission against Spain and Luxembourg; Meaning of horizontal legislation; Advice given to spokespersons of the Commission when writing guidelines about...
- TRADE ASSOCIATIONS WANT EC TO DROP OR REDO DIRECTIVE. // Securities Industry News;10/1/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 39, p3
Focuses on the efforts of trade associations for the European Commission to withdraw plans of introducing a single regime for securities prospectuses in Europe. Lack of consultation on the proposed security plans; Criticisms against the provisions of the plan; Failure of the Directive to...
- Eurocommerce startet Manifest. Heidrun, Krost // Lebensmittel Zeitung;11/29/2013, Issue 48, p1
The article discusses the development of commerce in Europe. Information on the European Trade Association's demands for the European Commission is presented.
- Moving On. Hickey, Kathleen // Traffic World;5/26/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 21, p20
Reports that the International Warehouse Logistics Association will change its name to the Association for Logistics Outsourcing. Development of a market plan and branding strategy; Process of rebuilding the association's web site to become a source for logistics outsourcing information.
- Time for change. Walton, Christopher // Motor Transport;3/8/2010, p10
The article reports on the move of trade associations to launch their manifestos intended for the logistics industry for the 2010 election in Great Britain.
- SPAA call for EC backdown. Ferguson, Martin // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/18/2007, Issue 2767, p24
The article reports that the Scottish Passenger Agents' Association is calling on the European Commission not to scrap the regulation of global distribution systems. According to the association, deregulation would threaten travel agent and consumer safeguards. The association's stand on the...
- ...32 million mozzarella plant gets go-ahead. // Dairy Industries International;Sep95, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the European Commission's go-ahead signal to the planned Golden Vale/Leprino Mozzarella cheese plant in Strabane, Northern Ireland. Background on the plant plans; Opposition of the European Association of Mozzarella Manufacturers to the plans.
- Gambica questions timing of EMC rethink. // Professional Engineering;08/05/98, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p15
Provides information on the organization Gambica, which represents British instrumentation control and automation firms, and the European Commission (EC), in relation to the 1996 directive on electromagnetic compatibility (EMC). Indication of what Gambica communicated to the EC; Comments from...