EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOT: Unusual findings in the biliary tract
- Mucin-producing biliary papillomatosis associated with gastrobiliary fistula. Ohtsubo, Koushiro; Ohta, Hajime; Sakai, Junta; Mouri, Hisatsugu; Nakamura, Saburo; Ikeda, Takayuki; Kifune, Koichi; Yoshikawa, Jun; Harada, Kenichi; Nakanuma, Yasuni; Watanabe, Hiroyuki; Motoo, Yoshiharu; Okai, Takashi; Sawabu, Norio // Journal of Gastroenterology;1999, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p141
Abstract: We report a case of mucin-producing biliary papillomatosis in a 78-year-old woman. Abdominal ultrasound (US) and computed tomography (CT) showed wall thickening and dilatation of the intrahepatic bile duct (IHBD), as well as a nodular lesion, 1.2cm in diameter, in the left branch of...
- A Case of Peribiliary Cyst Presenting with Obstructive Jaundice. Ikenaga, Naoki; Chijiiwa, Kazuo; Otani, Kazuhiro; Ohuchida, Jiro; Uchiyama, Shuichiro // Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery;Jan2009, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p174
A 77-year-old woman with a complaint of itching was shown to have an elevated serum bilirubin level. She had no history of liver disease. Computed tomography and magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography revealed a 17-mmdiameter cystic lesion obstructing the main hepatic duct at the hepatic...
- PAPILLARY ADENOCARCINOMA ARISING WITHIN A PEDUNCULATED CYSTIC DUCT POLYP. Lebovics, Edward; Le Guyader, Henry; Savino, John; Moldes, Orestes; Weisberger, James; Rosenthal, William S. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug1993, Vol. 88 Issue 8, p1278
Presents a case study of papillary adenocarcinoma arising within a pedunculated cystic duct polyp in an 81-year-old female patient. Clinical history of the patient; Results of physical and laboratory examinations performed on the patient; Discussion on cystic duct neoplasm.
- The Cystic Duct Remnant: An Unusual Case of a Biliary Intraluminal Filling Defect. Barnett, Jeffrey L.; Scheiman, James M.; Elta, Grace H. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1988, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p1189
Presents a case report of a 59-year-old woman with a 6-month history of sharp, episodic right upper quadrant pain diagnosed with intraluminal bile duct filling defect caused by an inverted cystic duct remnant found during endoscopic retrograde cholangiography for choledocholithiasis. Medical...
- (Fast) beschwerdefreie Patientin, aber konstant erhÃ¶hte Cholestaseparameter. Kherbèche, H. // Praxis (16618157);7/6/2011, Vol. 100 Issue 14, p865
A 75 year old woman presented with long-lasting pruritus and elevation of serum levels of alkaline phosphatase and gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT). Potentially hepatotoxic drugs were stopped; an abdominal ultra-sonography was normal. Antimitochondrial antibodies were elevated and are the...
- Lactobacillus vaccination. // Reactions Weekly;10/18/2008, Issue 1224, p17
The article describes the case of a 39-year-old woman who developed primary biliary cirrhosis after receiving long-term lactobacillus vaccinations for the prevention of recurrent bacterial vaginitis. She experienced fatigue and generalised severe pruritis that led to sleep disturbance. She was...
- Biliary sludge. Ko, Cynthia W.; Sekijima, John H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;02/16/99 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 130 Issue 4, p301
Discusses the diagnosis, clinical significance and treatment of biliary sludge. Chemical composition; Pathogenesis; Clinical course and complications; Specific clinical situations; Clinical evaluation of suspected biliary sludge; Prevention; Protocol for microscopic examination of bile for...
- Preface. Franklin Jr., Morris E. // Seminars in Laparoscopic Surgery;Mar1997, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p1
Introduces a series of articles on the treatment of common bile duct stones and obstructive biliary tract disease.
- History of bilious vomiting: a tale with a twist. Mairs, S.; Palejwala, A. A.; Palaniappan, M.; Eccersley, A. J. P. // Gut;Nov2007, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p1589
A quiz concerning the cause of a girl experiencing bilious vomiting is presented.