Basic Books Maintains Backlist; Eyes 10% Revenue Increase in 2006
- Basic Books: 50 Years of Scholarly Books for the Trade. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;11/27/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 48, p16
Provides information on the 50th-year of Basic Books in publishing books in science and the humanities. Notable success of the publisher; Remarks from John Donatich, president of the publishing company; Business operations of the company.
- Reed Elsevier, Pearson Continue To Expect Robust Growth In 2005. // Educational Marketer;5/9/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p2
Reports that Reed Elsevier PLC has maintained the positive outlooks for revenue growth in the year 2005 in London, England. Two of the largest educational publishers Harcourt Inc. and Pearson PLC run by company; Continued improved market conditions of the company for all of its businesses;...
- Wiley Professional/Trade Revenues Up 3% in Q2. // Book Publishing Report;12/6/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 47, p1
This article reports that John Wiley & Sons' Professional/Trade segment posted revenues of $89.1 million in the second quarter of 2005, ended October 31, up 3% from the same quarter last year. The company's slow first quarter caused mid-year revenues for the division to climb 1% over mid-year...
- Sales Fall at Franklin. // Publishers Weekly;5/24/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 21, p18
Provides information on the financial performance of Franklin Electronic Publishers for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2004. Net income; Sales.
- Heimert Jumps To Basic Books. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;1/17/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 3, p17
Reports on the appointment of Lara Heimert as executive editor of the Basic Books company. Information on the professional career of Heimert.
- Basic's 'Cloak and Dagger' Book. Quinn, Judy // Publishers Weekly;9/13/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 37, p12
Deals with the release of the book `The Sword and the Shield' published by Basic Book publishing company. Information on the topic of the book; Authors of the book.
- PW Talks with John Donatich. Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;9/17/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 38, p66
Interviews John Donatich, the publisher of Basic Books, about the Art of Mentoring book series launched by the publishing firm in fall 2001. Inspiration behind the launching of the series; Response of the people to the series; Role of `Letters to a Young Poet' in the series.
- MediaBay Swings To Profitability. Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;11/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 46, p16
Deals with the financial performance of publisher MediaBay Inc. in the 3rd quarter of 2003. Net income posted by the company; Factor attributed to the sales decline of the company in the third quarter; MediaBay's net loss for the nine months.
- Book publishers improve results. // Baltic Times;5/16/2013, Vol. 10 Issue 829, p8
The article reports on the improved financial results reported by Estonian publishing houses in 2012.