Merriam-Webster Teams with QA International for New Project
- Direct line. // Publishers Weekly;2/28/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 9, p24
Reports on Merriam-Webster Inc.'s withdrawal of its distribution list from ICD and directly marketing of its paperback line to wholesalers. Feedback from Tom Stanley, senior vice president and publisher of Merriam-Webster.
- Giving new meaning to the word `tradition'. O'Brien, George // BusinessWest;Aug95, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p4
Focuses on the confluence of the past, present and future at Merriam-Webster Inc. History; Publication of the `Collegiate Dictionary' on CD-ROM; Other publications; Efforts of editors to setup the 1996 copyright of the Tenth Edition of the `Collegiate'; Contrast between the pace of life in the...
- Merriam-Webster aims for major electronic growth. Dahlin, R.; Reid, C. // Publishers Weekly;5/18/1992, Vol. 239 Issue 23, p25
Reports that veteran reference publisher Merriam-Webster, long a conservative bastion, is poised for growth--with an attitude that M-W's new president and publisher Joseph Esposito has recently described as `loud and screaming for attention.' 25more people will be added to editorial; Aim of...
- CD-ROM: Science. Garofalo, Denise A.; Mandell, Phyllis Levy // School Library Journal;Feb2002, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p79
Reviews the CD-ROM Mango Plumo's Weather Adventure from QA International.
- Dictionaries Move off the Shelf. // Educational Marketer;4/9/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the move of Merriam-Webster Inc. to issue a dictionary specially made for English-language learners as a free iPhone or Ipad application in Springfield, Massachusetts.
- Language tools from Merriam-Webster Inc. // Information Today;Sep96, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p31
Introduces the Merriam-Webster's Vocabulary Builder CD-ROM from Merriam-Webster Co. Combination of instructional activities, audio pronunciations, simulated conversations and writing situations; Release of the language game called Word Crazy.
- Merriam-Webster Updates Spanish Fare. // Language Magazine;Jul2014, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p45
Reviews are offered for M-W's revised and updated Spanish-English dictionary and SpanishCentral.com, a free site designed especially for Spanish language learners to have access to "Merriam-Webster's Spanish-English Dictionary" and translations.
- Merriam Webster forms value div'n. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;4/6/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 14, p18
Reports that Merriam-Webster had created the imprint Federal Street Press, a line of language reference books. Efforts of publisher Deborah Hastings; Publications and distribution details.
- Merriam-Webster Unabridged. LaGuardia, Cheryl // Library Journal;5/1/2013, Vol. 138 Issue 8, p102
The article presents a review of the online dictionary Merriam-Webster Unabridged, at merriam-webster.com/.