Watrous Has Globe Pequot Poised for Better 2006 and Beyond
- Change Comes to Globe Pequot Press. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;10/16/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 41, p4
The article considers the plan of Globe Pequot Press president and publisher, Scott Watrous to expand the company beyond its traditional niche areas. Overall, Watrous's goal is to turn Globe into a more nimble company, able to rapidly respond to changes in the book business. Reflecting that...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;4/24/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 17, p4
The article offers news briefs on the publishing industry in the U.S. as of April 24, 2006. Scott Watrous has been appointed president of Globe Pequot Press. Adams Media Publishers has announced a three-person executive team that will lead the company in light of the resignation of Scott Watrous...
- Globe Pequot Revamps; Cuts 9% of Staff. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/28/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 4, p134
Reports on employee layoffs made by Globe Pequot Press in 2002 due to financial reasons. Closure of the New York City office of the company; Publishing plans of the company for the year; Actions taken by the company to improve book sales.
- Travel publisher ensures shipments' safe journey. // Automatic I.D. News;Jun97, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p25
Presents the case study on how Globe Pequot Press automated its operation, substantially increasing its accuracy and productivity. Information about Globe Pequot's entire operations and its travel line publications; Reason why its book publishing as a whole has been slow; Implementation of the...
- Globe Pequot Press Goes Back to Its Roots. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;12/12/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 50, p12
The article presents information related to Globe Pequo Press Inc. It is noted that Globe Pequot had been trying to remake itself along the lines of a New York City trade publishing house in the three years prior Jim Joseph's appointment as president of the company. It is mentioned that to get...
- Untitled. // Publishers Weekly;8/16/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 33, p26
Reports on Trail Tree Book Shop's Milly Jagel's winning of a trip for two to Jamaica from Globe Pequot Press. Venue of the contest; Celebration of Globe Pequot's 100 Best Resorts of the Caribbean.
- Globe Pequot to distribute Berlitz publishing titles. Baker, John F.; Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;5/9/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 19, p13
Reports on Globe Pequot Press' plans to distribute to the trade the full list of Berlitz Publishing titles effective July 15, 1994. Globe Pequot's other distribution activities; Decline of sales in Berlitz' publishing operation; Sales of other segments within Berlitz.
- LYONS PRESS SOLD TO GLOBE PEQUOT. // Fly Fisherman;May2001, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p39
Reports on the sale of printing firm Lyons Press to Globe Pequot Press in Guilford, Connecticut.
- Globe Pequot Press Continues To Grow Through Acquisition Strategy. // Book Publishing Report;08/28/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p7
Reports the plan of the Connecticut-based Globe Pequot Press to acquire Falcon Publishing Inc. in Helena, Minnesota. Estimation of the revenues generated by the companies; Background of Globe Pequot; List of acquired companies.