Integration of School Publishing Businesses Leads to About 300 Layoffs at McGraw-Hill
- McGraw-Hill Cuts 3% of Workforce, Including 304 Education Positions. // Electronic Education Report;1/14/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p8
The article reports that McGraw-Hill Cos. has removed 611 jobs, including 304 education positions at McGraw-Hill Education, as part of the company's plan to lower costs, streamline operations, and capitalize on key market opportunities.
- Financial News ï¿½. // Electronic Education Report;1/28/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that New York state-based McGraw-Hill Education has generated 550.9 million dollars in revenue in 2007, which is 4.3% higher from 2006.
- McGraw-Hill Expands Digital Higher Education Offerings With XanEdu. // Educational Marketer;11/06/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p3
Reports that McGraw-Hill Education has expanded its higher education online offerings with an agreement to integrate XanEdu products and tolls into its textbooks and Web sites.
- McGraw-Hill Education Caps Year With Double-Digit Revenue Growth And Operating Profit. // Educational Marketer;02/19/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the increase in revenue and operating profit of McGraw-Hill Education in 2000.
- McGraw-Hill To Form New Digital Unit Within Its School Education Group To Focus On Delivery. // Educational Marketer;7/2/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p1
Reports that educational publisher McGraw-Hill Education is creating a unit within its School Education Group that will focus on delivering digitized content.
- McGraw-Hill Education Sees Double-Digit Revenue Growth for 2001. // Educational Marketer;2/4/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the increase in revenue of McGraw-Hill Education in 2001. INSET: McGraw-Hill Cos.' Financial Overview Year Ended Dec. 31, 2001.
- McGraw-Hill Beats Expectations For 2002; Education Revenue Grew 1.5%. // Educational Marketer;2/3/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p5
Presents the financial results of McGraw-Hill Education for the fourth quarter of 2002 in the U.S. Increase of the company's revenue; Factors contributing to the increase; Decline of industry sales.
- McGraw-Hill Educ. Squeaks Through Q3 with a 1% Increase in Revenue; Down Slightly for Nine Months. // Educational Marketer;11/3/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the revenue growth experienced by New York-based McGraw-Hill Education for the third quarter of 2003. Factors that influenced the financial performance of the company; Sales generated by the K-12 education group for the company.
- CyberSmart! Internet Safety Program Launched. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Apr2002, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p9
Focuses on the launching of CyberSmart!, an educational technology program by McGraw-Hill Education in Houston, Texas. Availability of program to educators; Support to teachers and administrators in integrating technology resources; Website of the program.