- A Positive Approach to Reduce Bullying and Harassment. WILLARD, NANCY // School Administrator;Dec2014, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p24
The article discusses a positive approach to cut harassment and bullying in schools. Topics covered include the results of a survey about crimes at secondary schools in the U.S. in 2014. Also mentioned are the efforts of school districts to effectively address bullying and discriminatory harassment.
- Grand Saline Ag students ready to help younger students learn 'Bullying Hurts' Cohn, Lew K. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);9/28/2006, Vol. 110 Issue 39, p1
The article presents about students of agricultural studies volunteering to teach techniques of coping against bullying at Grand Saline High School. Cody Nash and his father Marvin Nash, professional rodeo clown developed a program "Bullying Hurts," the teaching methods on tackling bullying to...
- Beyond Resolving Bullying Incidents. Willard, Nancy // District Administration;May2013, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p72
The article tackles several issues on resolving bullying incidents in U.S. schools. It points out how schools can be held financially liable in student harassment incidents and cites the research findings on strategies implemented by schools to intervene in student harassment. Guidelines for...
- IS YOUR CHILD A TARGET OF BULLIES? // People;10/18/2010, Vol. 74 Issue 14, p71
The article presents a list of organizations that help prevent bullying in schools including Stop Bullying Now!, Wiredsafety and Stop Bullying: Speak Up.
- Beating the bullies. Viadero, Debra // Teacher Magazine;Aug/Sep97, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p24
Focuses on how teachers in the United States should handle bullies in schools. Wide disparity between the amount of bullying experienced by a student and the what teachers see; Stereotype of bullies for both girls and boys; Roots of the problem. INSETS: The bus ride.;The facts about...
- FROM THE EDITOR. Cook, Glenn // American School Board Journal;Jun2010, Vol. 197 Issue 6, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article published within the issue titled "Talk About It," by the journal editor-in-chief Glenn Cook, which points to an anti-bullying effort being taken on by districts in Iowa and California.
- National Safe Schools Framework: Policy and practice to reduce bullying in Australian schools. Cross, Donna; Epstein, Melanie; Hearn, Lydia; Slee, Phillip; Shaw, Therese; Monks, Helen // International Journal of Behavioral Development;Sep2011, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p398
In 2003 Australia was one of the first countries to develop an integrated national policy, called the National Safe Schools Framework (NSSF), for the prevention and management of violence, bullying, and other aggressive behaviors. The effectiveness of this framework has not yet been formally...
- COMBATING THE BULLYING EPIDEMIC. Sojourner, Russ; Hyatt, Mark // Principal Leadership;Dec2013, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p42
The article discusses ways to prevent peer harassment and violence in schools. Topics discussed include building strong school communities with respectful and trusting relationships among teachers, students parents and the community, creating a caring school community, and the practices and...
- "Deliberate Indifference" to Bullying: What Schools Need to Know. Myers, Roslyn K. // Criminal Justice Research Review;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p32
The article discusses aspects related to bullying in schools. Topics mentioned include the responsibility of policymakers in bullying prevention, the need for school administration to regulate and monitor student behavior and intervention in social relationships, and the role of school officials...