Goodbye to Pennies
- World financial markets. // Accountancy Ireland;Jun97, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the developments affecting the Irish pound as of June 1997. Includes the drop in the value of the Irish pound below DEM 2.6000; Expectations of further U.K. sterling gains; Initiation of the Bank of England's control over the U.K. monetary policy.
- Deal preview: New York names lead calendar. Lewis, Brian // Bond Buyer;09/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30230, p2
Reports on the influx of a new-money deal in New York City on September 15, 1997. Impact of the deal on quality loan spreads.
- Money's timeline. P.W. // Whole Earth;Spring98, Issue 92, p42
Describes the types of money used by the people on the Pacific Island of Yap in the Western Caroline Islands, southwest of Guam. Size and value; Limestone disks; Shells.
- In each other we trust. Glover, Paul; Hargraves, Monica // Whole Earth;Spring98, Issue 92, p50
Discusses the benefits of Ithaca, New York's HOURS, the oldest of the recent local currencies. Face-value transactions average; Bioregional ideals of local currencies; Intention to create the community labor standard as a new standard for money; Listing component of a local currency system;...
- A Penny for Your Thoughts. // Scholastic Scope;2/7/2005, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p21
Focuses on the use of pennies in the U.S.
- Banxico's Peso Dilemma. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/3/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p9
Discusses issues concerning the currency of Mexico. Figure for inflation being targeted by BMI.
- Further Limited Gains Realistic. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/12/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p10
Presents forecasts on the performance of the Colombian peso by 2004. Short-term performance of the currency; Factors that could affect or support the currency; Warnings on possible difficulties that may arise in the future.
- The rand's amazing run. Commey, Pusch // New African;Mar2003, Issue 416, p29
Reports on the recovery of South Africa's currency rand due to sound economic policies of the government. Outlook of the foreign investors towards the country; Statistics depicting the recovery of the currency; Impact of increasing trend in the currency on economic conditions of the country.
- Currency in other countries. // World Almanac for Kids;1996, p131
Presents a chart which tells what currencies are used in countries around the world.