Single-Pipe Systems for Commercial Applications
- Low-Loss Hydronic Headers. Vastyan, John // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jun2006 Supplement, Vol. 78, p18
The article discusses the use of hydronic headers as a reliable industrial solution. Primary/secondary configuration overall system design is required for an effective low-loss header. According to Appropriate Designs president John Siegenthaler, primary/secondary piping has been utilized in the...
- Surviving adolescent hydronics. Yates, Dave // Contractor Magazine;Dec2003, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p34
Offers tips on the management of hydronic systems installations in homes. Examination of piping arrangement in a one-pipe steam system; Measurements for steam boiler piping diagrams; Considerations in hydronic systems maintenance.
- Engineering principles for the common man. Eatherton, Mark // Contractor Magazine;Apr2004, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p40
Talks about the book "Modern Hydronic Heating for Residential and Light Commercial Buildings," 2nd ed., by John Siegenthaler. Result of the success of the book; Content of the book; Special features of the book.
- The Ultimate Gas-Fired Heat Source. Siegenthaler, John // Plumbing & Mechanical;Jul2009, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p30
The article discusses the features of hydronic heat sources used on various projects. The author talks about heat sources that operate on gas such as the gas-fired heat source and provide concepts whether the hydronic technology exert a leading role in future residential and light commercial...
- Efficient controls give pyramid power. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Apr98, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p78
Reports on the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system upgrade at the Transamerica Pyramid in San Francisco, California. Replacement of pneumatic devices by direct digital controls (DDC); Things monitored by DDC control sensors; Estimated annual energy and operating savings.
- HVAC Trials. Greim, Clifton W.; D'Angelo, David // American School & University;Dec99, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p22
Discusses the complexity of heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems of buildings. Weakness of centralized (HVAC) systems that is controlled by a computer; Importance of testing HVAC systems; Explanation on commissioning, a trial process HVAC systems; Cost of HVAC commissioning....
- What can you do with hydronics? Eatherton, Mark // Contractor Magazine;Sep99, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p38
Discusses the application of hydronics in buildings. Convective heating and cooling; Radiant heating; Snow melt; Towel warmers; Domestic hot water.
- Heating and Cooling Equipment. // National Construction Estimator;2008, Issue 56, p172
The article lists the estimated costs for hydronic heating and controls system which includes hydronic boiler, cast iron radiators, and hydronic radiation baseboard heaters.
- Heating and Cooling Equipment. // National Construction Estimator;2008, Issue 56, p174
The article lists the estimated costs for hydronic radiant floor heating systems which includes the circulating pump, boiler, and expansion tank.