Emergence and community: The story of three complex adaptive entities
- Fund for Innovation and Leadership supports three nurse-led projects working with young people. Bradby, Matthew // British Journal of School Nursing;Feb2012, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p48
The article reports that the Fund for Innovation and Leadership project, a flagship of the Queen's Nursing Institute (QNI) will support nine nurse-led projects in 2012, in which three of the projects will focus on young people of school age.
- Leader of the pack. // Mental Health Practice;Nov2006, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p32
The article interviews Peter Carter, general secretary of London, England-based Royal College of Nursing. It is the second time in a row that the organization appointed a general secretary with a nursing background. Carter is willing to share his career history and personal life, but is...
- With Ria von BÃ¶nninghausen tot Herinkhave-Visser. // Nursing Ethics;May2003, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p326
Interviews Ria von BÃ¶nninghausen, president of the Dutch nurses' association on the nursing ethics. Executive profile of Ria von BÃ¶nninghausen; Changes in the ethical aspects of nursing ; Role played by nurses' associations in attending to ethical aspects of nursing; Challenge faced by...
- Planning for the future: moving toward 2020. // Canadian Nurse;Sep2007, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p21
An interview with Marlene Smadu, president of the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA), is presented. According to her, the Toward 2020 report was among the major accomplishments of the association. She says that the criteria for the two public representatives of the association is the experience...
- HOW THE PARTIES' POLICIES STACK UP. // Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand;Jul2005, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p24
Compares the political parties' policies and the policies of the New Zealand Nurses Organisation. Fair industrial relations legislation; Sustainable aged-care funding; Reduction of health inequalities.
- LEADERSHIP: A NEW PARADIGM. Tan, Pauline // Singapore Nursing Journal;Jul-Sep2006, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p14
The article offers new paradigms in nursing leadership. Nurse leaders should recognize, optimize and harness individual competencies of members for sustainable organizational capabilities that will improve patient outcome and the profession. A leader must translate a single vision into a shared...
- Research centre fosters nursing voice. Stodart, Kathy // Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand;Aug2014, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p12
No abstract available.
- CNA's tremendous gains. // California Nurse;Aug2003, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p7
Interviews Barbara Williams, a member of the California Nurses Association bargaining team. Experiences in negotiating for a new contract for registered nurses at Northern California hospitals that are part of the Catholic Healthcare West system; Views on bargaining 'under the adroit leadership...
- nursing news. Austin, Diana // Science of Caring;2012, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p26
No abstract available.