Ordeal at Vella Lavella
- Taking (and Understanding) Sides. Bonsignore, Ezio // Military Technology;Mar2003, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p4
Comments on the war between Iraq and the U.S. Ways to solved the Iraqi crisis; Reorganization of the Middle East in strategic, political and economic terms; Consequences of the war.
- The World After the Russian--Georgian War: Views from the Region. Gorenburg, Dmitry // Russian Politics & Law;May/Jun2009, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Kirill Solov'ev on the political map of Europe in the early 21st century, one by Zurab Bezhanishvili on the conflict and partnership between Russia and Georgia, and another one by Dmitrii Trenin on the war between...
- Russia's Discourses on Neighborhood and Identity. Gorenburg, Dmitry; Makarychev, Andrey // Russian Politics & Law;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editors discuss the article "The Russian-Georgian Armed Conflict: An Acute Case of Poisoning with Imperial Illusions," by Emil' Pain, "Misha and the Bear: The Bear Metaphor for Russia in Representations of the "Five-Day War"," by Oleg...
- The War With Iraq. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;4/4/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 21, p2
Answers several questions about the war between the U.S. and Iraq in 2003.
- Israel v. Palestine Brings Out the Jewish in Me. Wellen, Russ // Foreign Policy in Focus;8/12/2010, p3
No abstract available.
- Know the News. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 3;3/7/2008, Vol. 77 Issue 21, p4
A quiz about a report on the U.S. war against Iraq that is published within the issue is presented.
- War Wary. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Mar2003, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on the criticism drawn by the decision taken by the U.S. for war against Iraq. Parliamentary enthusiasm aroused by North Atlantic Treaty Organization-member governments; Possible effects of supporting the U.S. government.
- GAO cites faulty test equipment for hampering EW system readiness. Nordwall, B.D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/9/89, Vol. 131 Issue 15, p133
No abstract available.
- Misrata City Ordance. Shaw, Michael // BAGnewsNotes;7/ 2/2011, p1
A photograph depicting war in Misrata, Libya is presented.
- Name that war (or incursion?). McCarthy, Eugene J. // Christian Science Monitor;2/6/95, Vol. 87 Issue 49, p19
Tells how names of wars were determined according to various circumstances like the duration, magnitude, and participants. Naming under Presidents Nixon, Reagan, George Bush and Bill Clinton.