- Design will play bigger role at Toyota. Osburn, Chaz // Automotive News;9/22/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 6058, p51
Toyota Motor Corp. is placing greater emphasis on design and giving its designers more clout. "Things are changing," said Kevin Hunter, vice president of design at Toyota's Calty Design Research Inc. Designers at Calty study trends and lifestyles and create concept cars and production vehicles...
- Toyota's Calty Design celebrates 40 years. // Dixie Automotive Report;Feb2014, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p7
The article offers information on the automaker Toyota's design center Calty Design Research which is celebrating its 40th anniversary as of February 2014, and informs that the center helped in the development of the company.
- Smart Features Key to Retaining Luxury's 'Premium-ness.'. Amend, James M. // Ward's Auto World;Jul2008, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p32
The article cites the need for designers to focus on smart design for luxury cars to retain the definition of premium, discussed at the 2008 Auto Interiors Show. Rob Huber, designer with Faurecia SA, described the design of Faurecia's Premium Attitude concept car. The features of the 2009 Venza...
- Toyota's Calty Design celebrates 40 years. P. R. // South Texas Automotive Report;Feb2014, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p2
The article focuses on 40th anniversary of Calty Design Research, an automobile design center established by Japanese automobile manufacturer Toyota Motor Corp. in El Segundo, California.
- Toyota's Calty Design celebrates 40 years. // Appalachian Automotive Report;Feb2014, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p7
The article announces the anniversary of the Calty Design Research center of automobile maker Toyota in El Segundo, California which has been in the business for 40 years.
- Toyota's Calty Design celebrates 40 years. // Tri-State Automotive Report;Feb2014, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p7
The article announces the 40th anniversary of Toyota's Calty Design Research, the first design center established in North America by the Japanese automaker which began as an experiment on October 2, 1973 in El Segundo, California.
- Creation of Calty launched new era of California car design. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;10/29/2007 Supplement, Vol. 82, p70
The article describes how Art Center teacher, Strother MacMinn, helped Toyota Motor Corp. envision and create Calty Design Research Inc. in California. MacMinn had nurtured a long relationship with Toyota. Soon after Toyota started selling cars in the U.S., MacMinn advised Toyota that its...
- Prototype Family. Cruz, Sherri // Orange County Business Journal;10/20/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p5
The article reports on Fountain Valley, California-based Gaffolgio Family Metalcrafters Inc. also known as Metalcrafters, which creates prototypes of planes, trains and automobiles. Metalcrafters works with the design arms of automakers, such as Toyota Motor Corp.'s Calty Design Research Inc....
- CALTY: DESIGNING TODAY FOR TOMORROW. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Design & Production;May2008, Vol. 120 Issue 5, p58
The article presents an interview with Kevin Hunter, president of Toyota's design studio Calty Design Research, about the A-BAT concept and its implications for the future of vehicle design. According to Calty, the design studio is aimed at understanding the U.S. market and to creating ideas for...