The Communications Challenge
- Application of Computer-Aided Translation Technology in Translation Teaching. Zhang Wenming // Advances in Information Sciences & Service Sciences;Mar2013, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p192
This paper aims to advocate the application of CAT technology in the traditional translation teaching class in universities. Based on the introduction of the development of CAT technology and its wide application in modern translation industry, the necessity of applying CAT technology in...
- Bottom Line Booster. Gopalan, Krishna // Business Today;4/22/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p113
The article discusses how Tata Motors Ltd. has classified its information technology module into Engineering Systems and Business Systems. The system includes manufacturing and procurement processes. Company's Senior General Manager (IT) Probir Mitra says that the company has developed a...
- Skills gap sparks IT CPD framework. // Building Design;6/20/2003, Issue 1584, p23
Reports on the launch of a free skills framework for computer-aided design and information technology from Construction CPD Certification Service. Aim to help organization identify their technology training needs; Comment of CPD Certification Service CAD and IT division director David Clarke...
- 1998 CAD/CAM/CAE buyer's guide. // Automotive Industries;Nov97, Vol. 177 Issue 11, p96
Presents a directory of computer aided design systems and software for the automobile industry.
- What's new in CADCAM. Burman, Richard // Automotive Engineer;May98, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p65
Presents the latest developments at Icat '98, the specialist CADCAM exhibition with a relevance to the motor industry. Details of Solidworks 98 from Solidworks UK; Latest version of Vericut verification software from CGTech; Inauguration of the latest version of its mechanical product...
- AUTOMOTIVE SUPPLIER SAVES THROUGH CADCAM-E ONLINE FILE TRANSLATION SERVICE. Ferris, Sara // Cadalyst;Aug2002, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p20
Focuses on the management of customer drawings from high-end computer-aided design (CAD) systems by automotive suppliers in the U.S. Need to convert the translated two dimension drawings into three dimension solid models; Translation of files into Unigraphics format; Steps in the CAD process.
- Confusion is amplified for automotive suppliers. Pryweller, Joseph // Plastics News;9/21/1998, Vol. 10 Issue 30, p19
Focuses on problems associated with the automotive industry, with reference to computer-aided design systems. Creation of a number of computer-aided design systems; Description of these systems; Comments from Frank Reid, manager of information technology for Johnson Controls Inc.
- Wisdom from the Trenches. Wong, Kenneth // Cadalyst;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p50
The article presents the suggestions from Charles Prettyman, CAD manager for information technology at Robert A.M. Stern Architects, on software upgrade in the U.S. Prettyman suggests that computer-aided-design (CAD) and information technology (IT) managers should never assume that their staff...
- Put it in furniture. Hollyer, Tony // Cabinet Maker;01/29/99, Issue 5123, p16
Explores the implementation of some information technology systems in the British furniture industry. Nature of furniture manufacturing; Modules for accounts, order processing, inventory control, manufacturing and distribution; Business processing; Benefits of using computer-aided design (CAD)...