On the Management Side
- Can a positive approach to performance evaluation help accomplish your goals? Cravens, Karen S.; Oliver, Elizabeth Goad; Stewart, Jeanine S. // Business Horizons;May2010, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p269
Abstract: Organizations typically depend upon performance evaluation measures to provide feedback to managers regarding the achievement of strategic objectives. However, performance evaluation is often focused on negative aspects of performance, suggesting that managers may not be receiving...
- Using Theory of Constraints in selecting product mix. Mansourabad, Isa Bakhtiyari; Daneshi, Ali; Pirzad, Ali // European Online Journal of Natural & Social Sciences;2013, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p146
Theory of Constraints suggests when the product was limited by bottleneck, the best strategy for selecting the product mix is based on the throughput - system performance- in terms of the desired constraint. This issue is not true for products which have been limited by a few quantities. Four...
- Take this 10-lesson course on managing creative creatively. Vanden Bergh, Bruce G.; Adler, Keith // Marketing News;3/18/1983, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p22
The article illustrates the creative process and identifies areas to improve management relationship with creative people. Expectations from the creative process must be clearly presented. Investment to talented and creative people are vital to the creative process. Critical thinking must be...
- A multi-level analysis of leaderï¿½member exchange and creative performance in research groups. Olsson, L.; Hemlin, S.; Pousette, A. // Leadership Quarterly;Jun2012, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p604
Abstract: We investigated the effects of LMX in leader and member ratings on leader and member creative performance among 137 leaderï¿½member dyads in academic and commercial R&D groups. By using the sub-dimensions of LMX-MDM (affect, loyalty, contribution, and professional respect) we wanted...
- Five letters spell success. Wolfe, Marilyn H. // Materials Management in Health Care;Feb2001, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p24
Explores creative approaches to health care materials management. Allocation of supply costs; Categorization of supply costs; Creation and maintenance of data; Financial reporting.
- Mind your own business. Pollack, Ted // Supervision;Jan95, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p21
Enumerates specific strategies for inducing creativity. Use of analogies; Asking provocative questions; Thinking in terms of possibilities; Rewarding original thinking; Becoming a creative rebel; Listening creatively; Studying the process of innovation; Being receptive to the unexpected;...
- A personal file of stimulating ideas, little-known facts and daily problem solvers. Pollock, Ted // Supervision;Apr95, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p24
Offers advice for promoting creativity, establishing momentum, and stimulating ideas among employees. Identification of existing problems; Suggestion of approaches to solve the problems; Forcing oneself to start; Rewards and incentives; Collecting useful ideas in advance of need.
- MANAGING CREATIVE PEOPLE: STRATEGIES AND TACTICS FOR INNOVATION. Mumford, Michael D. // Human Resource Management Review;Fall2000, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p313
With rapid changes in technology, and global competition, the success of many organizations has become progressively more dependent on their ability to bring innovative products to market. Ultimately, however, innovation depends on the generation of creative, new ideas. Accordingly, the...
- Undermining associates: can he be fired? Munro, Paul // Manufacturers' Monthly;Sep2003, p17
Answers a question concerning a personnel management problem. Utilization of employee skills; Transfer of employees to another department.