- Put Design First. Vilaga, Jennifer // Fast Company;Jun2005, Issue 95, p46
The article presents an interview with Young Se Kim, CEO and founder of Innodesign Inc., about the company's MP3 player, the iRiver. In the first fifteen years of my career as a designer, many clients would come in with an idea already set and then ask me to make it pretty. The trouble is, their...
- Color is the story at spring domestics week. // Discount Store News;5/5/97, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p4
Introduces color choices of several retailers for 1997 new products. Haberdashery or menswear colors; Colors of linens, tablecloths, accessory sets, tapestries and others; Most popular colors for 1997 products.
- New products. // Architectural Record;Feb1998, Vol. 186 Issue 2, p225
Introduces products in relation to design and construction. Identification of the products; Description of the products; Contact information available.
- When to outsource product design. Peterson, Rand // Machine Design;5/11/95, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p126
Discusses reasons why manufacturers with competent design departments need a contract firm to formulate products quickly. Lack of resources; Coordination between the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and the design firm with regard to the definition of objectives and attainment of goals;...
- Designing trust. // NZ Marketing Magazine;Jul/Aug2010, p43
The article presents information on design as a tool for business process and new product development that is expected to establish consumer trust.
- Design for manufacturability. McClure, Robert W. // IIE Solutions;Nov99, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p41
Deals with the design process for product development. Untruths of the design process; Qualities that a good designer needs; Principles of design; Factors that should be considered if a product is to go from design to shop floor.
- New Products. // Machine Design;08/19/99, Vol. 71 Issue 16, p148
Provides information on several machine design products released in the United States in 1999. Redi-Rail linear guides from Pacific Bearing Co.; Igubal spherical bearings from igus Inc.; BLMUC series linear servomotors from Aerotech Inc.
- Design Rules Through Competition. Versprille, Ken // Computer-Aided Engineering;Jul2001, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p53
Focuses on design rules for multiple product configurations through competition. Challenge for an effective product development organization; Factors that must be considered in design rules creation; Impact of deploying an adaptive system for design rules creation.
- Solving the Manager's Dilemma. Neill, William R.; Wilk, Connie Vodak // Computer-Aided Engineering;Jul99, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p44
Deals with the implementation of integrated supply chain product development. Problems in the implementation; Reasons for a different approach in its implementation compared to that used in a single organization; Concerns of suppliers.