WHERE PAST AND PRESENT MEET
- Dark Sons. Scheeren, Jyna // Multicultural Review;Dec2006, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p91
The article reviews the book "Dark Sons," by Nikki Grimes.
- Something for Every Reader: New YA Books That Cross Lines. Lesesne, Teri S. // Young Adult Library Services;Winter2006, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p17
This article presents several young adult literature books that cross lines. "47" by Walter Mosely combines two genres, historical fiction and science fiction. Fantasy and detective mystery comes together in "Framed" by Malcolm Rose. Carl Hiaasen blends ecological reverence and magical realism...
- Victory Chimes (Book Review). Atwood, Hayden // School Library Journal;Sep76, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p140
Reviews the book 'Victory Chimes,' by John F. Waters.
- POETRY. // New Moon;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p10
Presents several poems for young adults.
- Older Readers. // Children & Libraries: The Journal of the Association for Library;Spring2010, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p58
The article list several books for older readers including "Mr. Lincoln's High-Tech War: How the North Used the Telegraph, Railroads, Surveillance Balloons, Ironclads, High-Powered Weapons, and More to Win the Civil War," by Thomas B. Allen and Roger MacBride Allen, "Return to Sender," by Julia...
- Double vision: a special tool for young... Zach, C. // Writer;Nov88, Vol. 101 Issue 11, p18
Gives advice on how to write a young adult novel with an authentic teen voice by seeing the world as both an adult and a child. Delving into memories of childhood can help an author relive strong emotions and recreate them in his writing. Examples.
- Books for adolescents. Lesesne, Teri S.; Beers, G. Kylene // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;Oct96, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p150
Reviews several books for teenagers. Includes `The Actor Speaks,' by Janet Sonenberg; `Big Annie of Calumet,' by Jerry Stanley; `Gymnastics,' by Dan Gutman. INSET: In the spotlight..
- Books for adolescents. Lesesne, Teri S.; Buckman, Lois // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;Feb97, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p406
Reviews books for adolescents. Includes `Adem's Cross,' by Alice Mead; `Another Way to Dance,' by Martha Southgate; `Caleb's Choice,' by G. Clifton Wisler.
- Books for adolescents. Lesesne, Teri S.; Beers, G. Kylene // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;Apr97, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p584
Presents reviews of several books for adolescents. Includes `Aunt Cip and the Great Triple Creek Dam Affair,' by Patricia Polacco; `Make Way for Dumb Bunnies,' by Sue Denim; `The Rooster's Gift,' by Pam Conrad.