Shaping plants into sculpture
- Landscape your way to better leasing. Murray, Bob // Journal of Property Management;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p42
Focuses on topiary work. Promotions related to landscaping; Business opportunities; Maintenance.
- Sculptured Greenery. Weishan, Michael // Country Living;Dec2000, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p35
Provides information on topiaries.
- Cropped Tops. // Garden Design;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p12
The article reports that Pier 39 in San Francisco, California will showcase the art of topiary in its Totally Topiaries festival from July 17 to August 7, 1993. The event is sponsored by Kodak. Some of the displays are individual topiary and over 300 contemporary container groupings aimed to...
- When your pet dog is really a tree. Kendall, Nancy M. // Christian Science Monitor;9/9/98, Vol. 90 Issue 200, pB3
Focuses on topiary, or the pruning and sculpting of plants and trees. Popularity of topiary, according to the American Horticultural Society; What is necessary for successful topiary; Advice from Lewis Hill, author of `Pruning Simplified'; Trees and bushes which work best for topiary; Places...
- COMPASS: SOUTH WEST. Greig, Heather // Garden;Aug2002, Vol. 127 Issue 8, p654
Announces gardening-related events in the South and West of England. On 4 September 2002, Pound Hill Garden, Wiltshire, to be the location for a Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) event about the first principles of creating and maintaining topiary; Village of Montacute, near Yeovil in Somerset,...
- LADEW TOPIARY GARDENS. Poole, Robert M. // Smithsonian;Jun2011, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p58
The article presents information on the Ladew Topiary Gardens, which were created by socialite Harvey S. Ladew in Monkton, Maryland.
- Life Imitates Art--or Vice Versa? // National Geographic;Jun99, Vol. 195 Issue 6, Preceding p2
Mentions the `Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte', pointillist painting by Georges Seurat, in topiary at a park in Columbus, Ohio created by James Mason. Number of topiary sculptures created.
- Topiary: the art of shaping. Gilbert, Allen // Australian Horticulture;Jul2007, Vol. 105 Issue 7, p10
The author details the origins and techniques of topiary and recommends a wide range of Australian native plants that make a superb specimens. Topiary is defined as the pruning and training of plants to create shapes and unusual forms. Topiary can be traced back to about the first century AD,...
- Tassie's topiary town. eigeland, keith // Burke's Backyard;Dec2010, p49
The article focuses on the art of clipping living plants in the town boundary of Railton, in northern Tasmania. It is stated that Railton is now highlighted as a destination in its own right with living sculptures. It is mentioned that over 150 topiaries are on display in the city including...