"A DECENT RESPECT TO THE OPINIONS OF MANKIND": REFERRING TO FOREIGN LAW TO EXPRESS AMERICAN NATIONHOOD
- A defining term for high court. Richey, Warren // Christian Science Monitor;10/4/99, Vol. 91 Issue 216, p1
Reports on upcoming decisions that will be handed down by the United States Supreme Court during the fall of 1999.
- Supreme Court Preview. Reske, Henry J. // ABA Journal;May89, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p44
Previews pending cases at the United States Supreme Court. Obscene interstate telephone messages; Punitive-damage awards by juries for punishment of violators of the Eight Amendment.
- INS AND OUTS OF COURTS. Stewart, David O. // ABA Journal;May89, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p46
Reports on the decisions of the United States Supreme Court on various cases compiled as of May 1989. Expansion of the right of private parties to choose court cover arbitration in contract dispute resolution; Limiting the right of prisoners to pursue habeas corpus remedies in federal courts.
- Court's tour de force term. Marquand, Robert // Christian Science Monitor;6/30/97, Vol. 89 Issue 150, p1
Focuses on the US Supreme Court in June of 1997. The emergence of a distinct and powerful voice in national affairs; The ascendant themes of states' rights and the power of the court in relation to the other branches of government; Acts of Congress overturned by the court; The agreement among...
- Supreme Court box score. // American Bar Association Journal;Mar1978, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p310
Presents a selective summary of the United States Supreme Court action on various legal issues compiled as of March 1978. Bar admissions; Attorney's fees; Legal education; Search and seizure; Right to counsel; Zoning.
- Supreme Court box score. // American Bar Association Journal;Jul78, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p965
Presents a selective summary of U.S. Supreme Court action, as of July 1978. Aliens; Attorney discipline; Attorney fees; Banking law; Conflict of interest; Contempt; Criminal law; Death penalty; Discovery; Election law; First Amendment.
- Supreme Court box score. // American Bar Association Journal;May78, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p670
Reports on developments related to law and the United States Supreme Court as of May 1978. Welfare entitlements of an illegal alien; Attorney-client privilege; Bar admissions.
- Race is key issue of '97 term. Marquand, Robert // Christian Science Monitor;10/6/97, Vol. 89 Issue 218, p4
Looks at the 1997-1998 docket for the United States Supreme Court. The relatively few number of major cases that the court is set to examine; Reasons for the decreased caseload; Important issues to be examined including same-sex harassment, free-speech and race; Expectations. INSET: High court...
- Supreme Court box score. // American Bar Association Journal;May79, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p693
Presents a summary of U.S. Supreme Court action, as of May 1979. Communications; Damages; Discovery; Discrimination; Elections; Freedom of information; Immunity; Judges; Labor; Lawyers; Libel; Nuclear power; Prisoner rights; Search and seizure; Unemployment.