5 Little-Known Facts About the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers
- An Analysis of the Legal Issues Concerning Turkey's Southeastern Anatolia Project (GAP). Hakki, Murat Metin // World Affairs;Spring2007, Vol. 169 Issue 4, p175
This article analyzes potential legal issues arising from the aim of Turkey of controlling the Tigris and Euphrates river systems, which span portions of the four countries of Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Iran for Turkey's Southeastern Anatolia Project (GAP). The Syrians and Iraqis fear that the...
- Turkey. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/7/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p27
Reports on the controversies over the construction of a dam ont the Tigris River in Turkey. Environmental and humanitarian impact of the project; Resettlement and compensation plan.
- THE FERTILE CRESCENT. Hussein, Angela Murock // Calliope;Oct2012, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p6
The article offers information on Mesopotamia and discusses the role of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers in civilization.
- Genetic and Morphologic Structure of Liza abu(Heckel, 1843) Populations from the Rivers Orontes, Euphrates and Tigris. Turan, Cemal; Ergüden, Deniz; Turan, Funda; Gürlek, Mevlüt // Turkish Journal of Veterinary & Animal Sciences;2004, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p729
Liza abu stocks from the rivers Orontes, Euphrates and Tigris were investigated using genetic and morphometric data. Allozyme electrophoresis for genetic comparison and the truss network system for morphometric comparison were simultaneously applied to the same sample set. Highly significant...
- The two rivers and the lands between: Mesopotamia and the international law of transboundary waters. Dellapenna, Joseph W. // BYU Journal of Public Law;1996, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p213
Discusses issues dealing with the sharing of water resources of the Tigris and the Euphrates rivers among the countries surrounding the two rivers. Extant legal codes dealing with the allocation and distribution of waters in the rivers; Details of the modern history of Mesopotamian water use...
- TURKEY'S APPROACH TO UTILIZATION OF THE EUPHRATES AND TIGRIS RIVERS. Tomanbay, Mehmet // Arab Studies Quarterly;Spring2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p79
Analyzes Turkey's approach to the utilization of water from the Euphrates and Tigris Rivers. Reasons for Turkish Government's design and implementation of the Southeast Anatolia Project; Information on Turkey's water budget; Features of the Euphrates and the Tigris basin; Discussion on Turkey's...
- Treasure Under Saddam's Feet. Lawler, Andrew // Discover;Oct2002, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p50
Focuses on the different artifacts found in Tigris River. Description of Anatolian metals; Evidences on the existence of Assur empire; Preservation of tombs at Nimrud.
- Contract poised to set green precedent. Young, Penny // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/27/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 43, p30
Reports that a contract is expected to be signed soon between Turkey and an international consortium to build the Ilisu dam on the Tigris river in Turkey. Historic significance of the construction contract; Plan for the dam to harness the waters of the Euphrates and Tigris; Funding source for...
- The Tigris River. BRENNAN, MATTHEW // War, Literature & the Arts: An International Journal of the Huma;p243
The poem "The Tigris River," by Matthew Brennan is presented. First Line: (1258, Mesopotamia) Last Line: runs its relentless waters toward the sea.