Puerto Rico: On the Fast Track
- Conventions and group segment had good year despite problems. Miralles, Elsa Fernandez // Caribbean Business;7/26/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p34
The article reports on the success of the Puerto Rico Convention Bureau (PRCB) despite their service problems. According to Ana MarÃa Viscasillas, executive director and chief executive officer (CEO) of PRCB, they are consistently inconsistent with their services and claims that it would be...
- Convention Bureau promotes Puerto Rico in Cuba. Miralles, Elsa Fernández // Caribbean Business;5/8/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 18, p4
The article reports that Ana MarÃa Viscasillas, president of the Puerto Rico Convention Bureau, was a keynote speaker at a meeting of the ConfederaciÃ³n de Entidades Organizadoras de Congresos y Afines de AmÃ©rica Latina in Cuba. The communications director Teresa MartÃnez confirmed...
- Puerto Rico: On the Fast Track. Pelletier, Sue // Medical Meetings;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p64
The article focuses on the 2006 Meet the Greens Invitational Golf Classic and Marketplace golf tournament held in Puerto Rico from June 9 to 12, 2006. It is said that participants of the event has used Route 66 highway from the airport to the resorts on the northeastern corner of the territory....
- Palm Springs putts into Manly. // Travel Daily;3/28/2013, p5
The article reports on the Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau's first annual golf day which was hosted in parnersthip with United Airlines in Manly, New South Wales.
- Experience the new bureau. CZURAK, DAVID // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/7/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p13
The article reports on the new name and web site of the Grand Rapids/Kent County Convention and Visitors Bureau that is part of a strategic plan to improve its services to the hospitality industry.
- news & info. Pelletier, Sue // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Aug2003, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p9
Reports developments related to corporate meetings and incentives. Appointment of Colin C. Rorrie Jr. as president and chief executive officer of the Meeting Professionals International; Details of the survey conducted by the International Association of Convention and Visitors Bureau assessing...
- The View From the Other Side. Scofidio, Barbara // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;May2013, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including the role of Convention & Visitor Bureaus (CVB) in corporate meeting, the roundtable discussion for readers who plan meetings outside the U.S. and a video from the marketing event.
- darts&medals. // Caribbean Business;2/26/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p17
The article reports updates on the Puerto Rican business sector. The Puerto Rico Convention Bureau (PRCB) has lost about 10 big business groups that would have supplied about $5 million to the economy. PRCB president Ana Maria Viscasillas stated that the misperception of the big value of...
- An attractive proposition. Siegle, Stephanie // Event;Nov/Dec2005, Special Section p5
The article discusses the efforts of European exhibition venues and convention bureaux to help organisers of association events in choosing their location. Convention Center Basel in Switzerland organise familiarisation trips for the association once they expressed interest in the city. Grimaldi...