Your Associations at Work
- Career Contentment: A Guide for Recent Graduates. Herta, Stephen // Fort Worth Business Press;4/29/2013, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p2
The article offers suggestions for graduates regarding career development and job opportunities. It mentions that diversifying job options provides more chances to get a job and also mentions that a candidate must sent his or her resume to single one company they want to work for. It reveals...
- Internet Resources to Access Career Opportunities. Strowig, Andrew B.; Kirkland Jr., Jake; Wilson, Jeffery L. // Black Collegian;Feb2004, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p55
Highlights Internet resources designed to promote accelerated access to professional positions. Use of the national, geographic and job-category or thematic searches; List of Web sites about employers committed to racial diversity in the workplace; Resume format for new college graduates.
- How Much Do Planners Make? More If They Have Their CMP. Kovaleski, Dave // Association Meetings Exclusive Insight;6/ 6/2012, p10
The article discusses the annual salary survey by the Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) that found a widening gap in salaries of meeting professional who have their Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation and those who do not.
- 'RÃ©sumÃ© mining' services can save time, money. // HR Specialist;Sep2010, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p7
The article reports on the access to a low cost resume mining services that can save time and money through searching online resume databases for candidates that match certain qualifications.
- Pay It Forward…. Braga, Ann Hess // PA Times;Nov2006, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p23
The article presents suggestions by the members of the American Society for Public Administration on career development. The resumes should contain details of every non professional job experience that the candidates have. Each experience teaches some skill and thus has value. Resumes need to...
- Going Back to Work: A Step-by-Step Guide for Foreign Service Spouses. SPARKS, ANNA // Foreign Service Journal;Sep2015, p49
The article offers suggestions on how the spouses of U.S Foreign Service can maintain or develop a career. Topics discussed include examining the what kind of potential the spouses have to offer to employers, the availability of jobs and what skills and experience employers are seeking and how...
- The Google Resume. Laakmann McDowell, Gayle // Google Resume;4/24/2013, p1
Many recent college graduates dream of the opportunity to work at a top tech company. But relatively few make the cut and get hired by firms like Apple, Microsoft, or Google. In The Google Resume, author Gayle Laakmann McDowell takes readers behind the scenes of tech recruitment and explains...
- News Update. // Travel Agent;09/11/2000, Vol. 301 Issue 3, p24
Reports the change in the rates for resume database access and employer profile subscription of Traveljobz.net, an online job and resume posting board for travel and leisure industries in the United States. Addition of three- to six-month rate packages for both services; Estimated price for the...
- Useful Addresses. Schwartz, Stuart; Conley, Craig // Writing a Resume;1999, p30
The article lists mailing addresses for organizations offering information for writing resumÃ©s. Human Resources Development Canada. National Career Development Association in Ohio. U.S. Department of Labor.