- Demanding Jobs. Powell, Robert J. // Journal of Financial Planning;May2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p46
The article reports on the popularity of employer requirement of CFP certification for financial professionals. While employers post almost 40,000 CFP-certificant-related jobs each year to job web sites, only slightly more than 4,000 people passed the CFP certification exam in 2005. The data...
- Three Tips for Job Hunters. GENSLER, LAUREN // Money;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p20
The author offers opinions on job hunting, advising job seekers to research their employer's goals, to attempt to create business networks and to maintain a presence on social media.
- Networking Know-how. // Marketing News;9/30/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p5
The article presents advice on networking in job seeking and career development, suggesting techniques including setting goals for making personal contacts, the importance of preparation for meetings and following up after making new acquaintances.
- CAREER CALENDAR. // California Job Journal;2/22/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 1173, p15
A calendar of career development events in California is presented, including the Employer Meet & Greet Night, Jobseeker Orientation and the Accelerated Networking Luncheon.
- New Opportunities in Finance. Holmers, Tamara E. // Black Enterprise;Sep2010, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p54
The article discusses the opportunity for people who are looking to work in financial services as of September 2010. According to the article, careers in finance are in demand despite the finance industry being one of the most hardest hit during the 2009 economic crisis. It explains the...
- HOW TO EFFECTIVELY COMPETE IN A TOUGH JOB MARKET. Alleyne, Sonia; Egodigwe, Laura; Holmes, Tamara E. // Black Enterprise;Feb2004, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p73
Offers advice towards achieving a successful career according to successful Afro-American executives. Tips on career management; Approach needed when job hunting; Significance of networking and business mentoring; Suggestions for making a successful career change; How to cope with a lengthy...
- A Crash Course In Self-Marketing. McDonald, Paul // Financial Executive;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p60
The article presents advice to financial executives on marketing themselves. Self-assessment is a key first step. Executives should evaluate their skills relative to others in their field and identify those abilities that are in demand. They should also assess how transferable their skills are,...
- JOIN THE HEADHUNTER'S INNER CIRCLE. LOEB, MARSHALL; BROWN, ED // Fortune;4/29/1996, Vol. 133 Issue 8, p207
Recommends that people become associated with headhunters and recruiters even while they are gainfully employed. Advantages to being known by headhunters before job loss occurs; The importance of being proactive in this process; Using targeted mailings to get on headhunters' short lists; Keeping...
- Land your dream job. Gunn, Eileen P. // Self;Sep2002, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p130
Discusses benefits of a headhunter advice to individuals looking for a job. Offering of an insider's take on salaries; Helping individuals achieve their long-term goals; Informal career advice.