Back to School at Grange Insurance
- Learning Techniques Differ Around the Globe. // HR Magazine;Dec2011, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p94
The article focuses on differences in learning techniques in Great Britain (UK), Indian, and the United States. It states that the most effective practices for developing leaders include internal knowledge-sharing events, job coaching, and external workshops and conferences. It mentions that...
- Separating the Sirloin From the Salami. Hinds, Alan P. // Training & Development Journal;Mar1975, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p42
Discusses principles of adult education that can be used in management development training programs. Recognition of the true potential of people; Evaluation of a training course; Need to give consideration on the attention span of an individual.
- Travellersâ€™ tales: From adult education to lifelong learning ...and beyond. Jarvis, Christine // Studies in the Education of Adults;Oct2001, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p95
Focuses on the construction of knowledge within adult education. Evaluation of the certainty of learning outcomes and vocational skill development; Effects of management training on education; Characteristics of longlife learning.
- Local business talent team up to present Workplace 2000. Oken, Doreen // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;04/17/2000, Issue 322604, p1
Highlights Workplace 2000, a one-day workshop for human resource managers and supervisors in Fresno, California. Role of the Employment Development Department and the Human Resource Association of Central California in the creation of the workshop; Schedule and venue of the workshop; Topics to...
- Professional Development Calendar. // Healthcare Executive;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p100
A calendar of professional development events for the US area in 2008 is presented including Comprehensive Leadership for Senior-Level Executives, Managing Healthcare Facility Design and Construction Programs, and Strategic Planning: From Formulation to Action.
- Fall marketing starts today. Luke, Kristen // Senior Market Advisor;Aug2011, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p32
The article suggests activities for insurance and financial agents for September 2011, as well as the remainder of the year, which include participation at workshops and events, contacting centers of influence (COI) to establish or strengthen contacts, and updating ones market collateral.
- CFA education. // Secured Lender;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p130
Provides information on the Advanced Field Examiner School to be held on December 7-9, 1998 in New York.
- Fostering Management Growth in Developing Countries. Wallace, John B. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1985, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p67
Suggests ways to improve management development in developing countries. Obstacles facing executives of public enterprises; Action-planning workshops; Need to transfer know-how to small businesses and enterprise startups; Performance evaluation.
- executive development. // New Zealand Management;Nov2009, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p15
A calendar of events related to executive development in New Zealand is presented, including the Senior Directors' Workshop, the Employment Issues Workshop and the Company Directors' Course.