Protecting Your Meetings in Uncertain Times
- Are You Covered. Kovaleski, Dave // Association Meetings;Dec2004, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p12
Discusses the factors to be considered by meeting organizers in buying cancellation insurance for meeting travels. Coverage of a cancellation insurance under the cancellation policy; Steps in buying cancellation insurance; Coverage of force majeure clauses in meeting contracts; Assessment of...
- RP based Implementation of DR Solution for a Solaris Zone. Sangeeta; Maneela // International Journal of Computer Applications;Jul2014, Vol. 97, p40
The main objective of this paper is to implement a Disaster recovery solution for a Solaris zone using emc recoverpoint technology. It is concerned with preventing any unexpected serious interruptions to IT services as a result of a natural disasters or other forms of force majeure having a...
- Plan for the Worst, Hope for the Best. Baraban, Regina // Financial & Insurance Meetings;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p6
The article stresses the importance of contingency planning to the financial services and insurance meetings industry. There is a need to objectively identify crises in designing contingency plans. Financial services and insurance meeting planners should consider emergency preparedness as part...
- A practical guide to force majeure and frustration of contract. Thompson, Penny // Credit Control;1997, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on the incorporation of force majeure clause in a contract and its implications to its continued enforceability. Effects of the clause in the event of inevitable circumstances; Requirements of a force majeure clause; Importance of force majeure clause on a contract of sale.
- Attrition and Force Majeure: Your Questions Answered. Goldberg, James M. // Association Meetings;Feb2011, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p10
The article presents questions and answers related to association meetings including suggestions on negotiating an addendum or changing a contract that has already been signed, where to get information on event cancellation insurance, and coverage of force majeure.
- Parliamentary Election Postponement Mirrors Amman's Fears of Public Outburst in Support of Intifada. AbuSharar, Samaa // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Oct2001, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p26
Reports on the postponement of the parliamentary elections in Jordan. Reason for the delay; Possibility of a general election during a force majeure; Impact of the intifada and Israeli aggression toward the Palestinian on the political condition of the country.
- act of God. // ICSC Dictionary of Shopping Center Terms;2005, p2
A definition of the term "act of God," which is also referred to as force majeure, is an event caused by the forces of nature and is outside the control of a party under contract obligation, is presented.
- force majeure. // ICSC Dictionary of Shopping Center Terms;2005, p58
A definition of the term "force majeure" is presented.
- 'Spot the clause': force majeure. Reid, Fraser // Sports Marketing (14608359);Nov2001, Issue 76, p12
Provides information on the force majeure clause in sports sponsorship contracts. Commercial importance of the clause; Consequences of the absence of the clause; Advantages of a force majeure clause in a contract.