West Bank Wall: Security or Settlement?
- THE WEST BANK WALL UNMAKING PALESTINE. Rhodes, Fred // Middle East;Aug/Sep2006, Issue 370, p65
The article reviews the book "THE WEST BANK WALL UNMAKING PALESTINE," by Ray Dolphin.
- The West Bank Wall: Unmaking Palestine. // Arab Studies Quarterly;Winter2007, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p94
The article reviews the book "The West Bank Wall: Unmaking Palestine," by Ray Dolphin.
- The Barrier from Both Sides. Scham, Paul // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2006, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p110
The article reviews two books related to the Arab-Israeli conflict including "Barrier: The Seam of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict," by Isabel Kershner and "The West Bank Wall: Unmaking Palestine," by Ray Dolphin.
- ANOTHER BRICK IN THE WALL. Rees, Matt; Hamad, Jamil // Time International (South Pacific Edition);8/9/2004, Issue 31, p10
The article reports that the residents of twenty Palestinian villages are planning to file a legal suit against corrupt officials of the Palestinian Authority. The suit charges that officials have profited by importing cement using dubious import licenses and selling it to Israeli contractors...
- Apartheid wall or the new frontier? Andreas, Sverre // Contours;May-Aug2005, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p23
The article presents information about the wall, built through West Bank by the Israeli Defense forces. Israelis are justifying its action as a desperate attempt to protect its citizens from the suicide bombers. However in reality this wall has nothing to do with security. It is built through...
- Wall mitigation efforts: legal and practical tensions. Stark, Chareen // Forced Migration Review;Aug2006, Issue 26, p31
The article considers the legal and practical implications of the Wall mitigation efforts in the West Bank. The International Court of Justice found that the Separation Wall built by the Israeli government in the West Bank violates international human rights and international humanitarian law....
- Emergency assistance for farmers affected by the Wall. Essawi, Saed; Ardell, Emily // Forced Migration Review;Aug2006, Issue 26, p32
The article discusses the efforts by the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) to assist Palestinian farmers affected by the separation wall built by the Israeli government in the West Bank. It describes the social and economic impact of the separation wall on Palestinian farmers in the West Bank. The...
- Just a wall? Morris, Tim // Forced Migration Review;Aug2006, Issue 26, p30
The article deals with the construction of the Separation Wall in the West Bank. The Israeli government claims that the West Bank Barrier is a security measure aimed at protecting its citizens living in the West Bank. The Wall reflects Israel's planned extensive network of settlements and...
- Author Brings Israel's Wall to Americans. Sprusansky, Dale // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;May2012, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p63
The article looks at how photojournalist William Parry demonstrated the implications of Israel's West Bank wall for Palestinians in his book "Against the Wall: The Art of Resistance in Palestine." Parry cited the impact of the wall on the agricultural town of Jayyous. It was also noted in the...