GOOD OLE GOY
- Va. governor victorious in rejecting Goals 2000. Bradley, Ann // Education Week;4/24/96, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p14
Reports on the failure of the Goals 2000: Educate America Act to pass the Virginia legislature behind Governor George F. Allen's opposition of the bill. Criticisms of Allen's role on the bill's failure; Provisions of the Goals 2000.
- THE OLD DOMINION'S NEW MATH. Gilgoff, Dan // U.S. News & World Report;10/30/2006, Vol. 141 Issue 16, p34
The article reports on Virginia Republican Senator George Allen's political campaign prior to the 2006 elections. The race for the Senate in Virginia is intense with the Democratic Party backing candidate James Webb, a Vietnam war veteran. Allen will focus his campaign on the economy and education.
- Who Is George Allen, Anyway? Alter, Jonathan // Newsweek;10/2/2006, Vol. 148 Issue 14, p38
The article reports on Virginia Senator George Allen, whose campaign has been self-destructing since he made racist comments about an opponent's campaign worker and denied his Jewish heritage. The incidents underline long-standing concerns about Allen, who has a history of engaging in racist...
- Battle for America. Fineman, Howard // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);12/26/2005, Vol. 147 Issue 1, p59
This article reports on Virginia politicians Mark Warner and George Allen. Allen and Warner have worked together on issues such as economic development and education. Warner strongly supports Allen's leading achievement, the establishment of strict high-school testing standards. Warner created a...
- Gridlock for the Senate. Samuel, Terence // U.S. News & World Report;11/06/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 18, p26
Focuses on the race for the United States Senate taking place in Virginia. Details on the closely contested battle between incumbent Democrat Charles S. Robb and the Republican challenger, former Governor George Allen; Various education plans proposed by the candidates; The Republicans'...
- Gov. Allen spells out conservative agenda. // Human Events;1/28/94, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p4
No abstract available.
- Former ADAS director and 'plastic house' pioneer dies. Sixsmith, Rachel // Horticulture Week;4/17/2008, p44
An obituary for the former ADAS director George Allen is presented.
- George Allen Finally Apologizes for 'Macaca' Comment. JHA, LALIT K. // India -- West;6/10/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 29, pA22
The article reports on the apology made Republican politician George Allen for using the word "macaca" against his Democratic rival's campaign volunteer Indian American S. R., in an attempt to win back his Virginia Senate seat.
- Strengthening Virginia's Future Through Mentoring. Earley, Mark // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Spring2001, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p27
Focuses on the development of a mentoring program by Attorney General Mark Earley for troubled youths in Virginia. Positive response to the program; Number of volunteers recruited; How mentoring relationships can affect the lives of troubled teens and children.