Synthesis of the Antimycobacterial Naphthoquinone, 7-Methyljuglone and its Dimer, Neodiospyrin
- A Novel Synthesis of Ibutilide Fumarate. Tao Wang; Rui Tian; Bin Xiao; Yi Shen; Hui Zhou; Qingeng Li // Letters in Organic Chemistry;Aug2011, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p423
A novel protocol for the synthesis of Ibutilide Fumarate (raceme) was achieved from 2-pyrrolidinone with an overall yield of 15%. The core structure was constructed in one step based on Friedel-Crafts acylation with an acyl chloride containing an amino hydrochloride.
- Synthesis of mono-and 1,1'-bis(3,4,4-trichlorobut-3-enoyl)-ferrocenes and 3,4,4-trichlorobut-3-enoylcymantrene. Potkin, V.; Shirokii, V.; Petkevich, S.; Kurman, P. // Russian Journal of General Chemistry;Aug2008, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p1573
Friedel-Crafts acylation of ferrocene and cymantrene with 3,4,4-trichlorobut-3-enoyl chloride gave the corresponding trichloroallyl ferrocenyl and cymantrenyl ketones. The reaction with ferrocene involved either one or both cyclopentadienyl fragments, depending on the reactant ratio. The...
- Reversible Friedel-Crafts Acylations of Anthracene: Rearrangements of Acetylanthracenes. Mala'bi, Tahana; Pogodin, Sergey; Agranat, Israel // Letters in Organic Chemistry;Apr2009, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p237
Treatment of 1-acetylanthracene (1-AcAN) and 9-acetylanthracene (9-AcAN) with PPA at 80-120 �C leads to the nearly complete conversion of these isomers into 2-acetylanthracene (2-AcAN), an illustration of the Agranat-Gore rearrangement of polycyclic aromatic ketones (PAKs). Ab initio...
- Synthesis of substituted maleimide derivatives using the Baylis-Hillman adducts. Basavaiah, Deevi; Lenin, Dandamudi V.; Veeraraghavaiah, Gorre // Current Science (00113891);10/10/2011, Vol. 101 Issue 7, p888
The Baylis-Hillman alcohols, 3-ethoxycarbonyl-3- hydroxy-3-aryl(alkyl)-2-methylenepropanenitriles, derived from α-keto esters and acrylonitrile, have been conveniently transformed into 3,4-disubstituted 1Hpyrrole- 2,5-dione (maleimide) derivatives on treatment with FeCl3RC0H in a one-pot operation.
- An Efficient, Mild and Solvent-Free Synthesis of Benzene Ring Acylated Harmalines. Begum, Sabira; Ali, Syed Nawazish; Siddiqui, Bina Shaheen // Molecules;Jan2010, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p68
A facile synthesis of a series of benzene ring acylated analogues of harmaline has been achieved by Friedel-Crafts acylation under solvent-free conditions at room temperature using acyl halides/acid anhydrides and AlCl3. The reaction afforded 10- and 12-acyl analogues of harmaline in good yield,...
- Regioselective Friedel-Crafts acylation of indoles catalysed by zinc oxide in an ionic liquid. Zhang, Li-Rong; Yi, Feng-Ping; Zou, Jian-Zhong; Zhang, Xuan; Wang, Zhen // Journal of Chemical Research;Oct2012, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p600
A facile method for the regioselective Friedel-Crafts acylation of indoles with acyl chlorides catalysed by zinc oxide in an ionic liquid medium has been developed. The corresponding 3-acylindoles were obtained in good to high yields under mild reaction conditions. Zinc oxide, which is easily...
- Novel electrophilic ipso acylation - detosylation reaction of pyrroles. Pelkey, Erin T.; Gribble, Gordon W. // Canadian Journal of Chemistry;Oct2006, Vol. 84 Issue 10, p1338
A pyrrole and two pyrroloindoles that are substituted with a p-toluenesulfonyl group undergo an ipso acylation � detosylation reaction with acid chlorides and aluminum chloride to afford the corresponding acyl-substituted pyrroles and pyrroloindoles.
- Quantum-chemical study of the electronic structure and reactivity of 2-methyl-4H-thieno[3,2- b]pyrrole-5-carboxylic acid methyl ester. Yarovenko, V. N; Semenov, S. L.; Zavarzin, I. V.; Chuvylkin, N. D.; Krayushkin, M. M. // Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds;Feb2006, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p261
We have used the MNDO approximation to carry out a quantum-chemical study showing that the selectivity of acylation of 2-methyl-4H-thieno[3,2-b]pyrrole-5-carboxylic acid methyl ester under Friedel�Crafts reaction conditions in the presence of AlCl3 depends more on the electron density...
- Peculiarities of the behavior of succinyl dichloride in Friedel-Crafts reaction with thiophenes*. Smirnov, V.; Afanas'ev, A.; Belen'kii, L. // Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds;Jan2011, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p1199
The reactions of thiophene, 2-methyl-, and 2-bromothiophene with succinyl dichloride in the presence of AlCl, TiCl, and SnCl have been studied. The effect of the acylation conditions, the relative amounts and nature of the Lewis acid on the ratio and yields of the 1,4-di(2-thienyl)-1,4-diones...