A passion for working
- Smart Talk. // BRW;5/6/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 17, p14
The article discusses business insights from Virgin Group founder, Sir Richard Branson. Branson reveals secrets to keeping a business successful which includes the importance of enjoying what one is doing, creating a product that is radically different and every employee in the company can be...
- IAM--promoting best practice. Robinson, Graham // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Jul/Aug97, Issue 6, p5
Comments on Institute of Administrative Management's mission to promote best practice in the management of administration. Example of IAM's established alliance with the University of Hong Kong; Commitment to improve productivity and reduce wasteful bureaucracy.
- Postcard from Guangzhou. Harrison, Rob // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Mar/Apr98, Issue 9, p22
Highlights various Institute of Administrative Management (IAM) programs in China. IAM's role in the country; Staff development program for university tutors and senior managers; Municipal and manufacturing management.
- 85 years promoting best practice. // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Jan/Feb2000, Issue 18, p14
Chronicles the 85-year history of the Institute of Administrative Management (IAM). Founders; Contributions made by the organization to the development of best practice in management and administration; Education and training activities; Achievements of the IAM in the 1990s.
- A celebrated occasion. Moorcroft, Ray // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Jan/Feb2000, Issue 18, p20
Highlights the Institute of Administrative Management Fellows Lunch held in October 1999. Significance of the meeting's venue; Topics of discussion; Growth experienced by the organization since 1992; Details of a speech given by the group's honorary president.
- IAM news. // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Jan/Feb2000, Issue 18, p30
Presents updates on the activities of the Institute of Administrative Management, as of January 2000. Visit made by representatives from the University of Hong Kong's School of Professional and Continuing Education; Presentation of the Moore Stephens Award for Excellence to Yvonne Day;...
- Www.InstAM.org. // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Sep/Oct2000, Issue 22, p25
Features the Web site of the Institute of Administrative Management (IAM). Exclusive services for members; Services for IAM accredited centers and corporate partners; Papers available from the site's reading room.
- Branson bites back. Churchill, David // Business Travel World;May2006, p12
The article comments on the marketing contributions of Richard Branson to Virgin Megastore. Branson manages to communicate relatively complex product propositions with the simplest device. The executive was praised for his efforts to persuade Singapore Airlines to hand over Â£600 million in...
- Sell it off buy it back. Prince, Dominic // Management Today;Oct2004, p56
This article presents information on common practices used by businessmen. Some entrepreneurs sell their company, watch it decline and buy it back, usually at a knockdown price â€” but it's not always about the money. Richard Branson did it when he floated Virgin in the 1980s and then took...