Ask the Experts
- vasoactive intestinal polypeptide. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2441
A definition of the term "vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP)," which refers to a peptide present in the mucosa of the gastrointestinal tract, is presented.
- VIP and watery diarrhoea. // British Medical Journal;10/4/1975, Vol. 4 Issue 5987, p3
Focuses on vasoactive intestinal peptide and watery diarrhea syndrome. Recognition of the condition as a complication of functioning non-beta cell tumors; Significance of VIP estimations in diagnosis; Application of the syndrome to gastrointestinal disease.
- Bronchodilation by an inhaled VPAC[sub2] receptor agonist in patients with stable asthma. Linden, A.; Hansson, L.; Andersson, A.; Palmqvist, M.; Arvidsson, P.; Lofdahl, C.-G.; Larsson, P. // Thorax;Mar2003, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p217
Investigates the effect of vasoactive intestinal peptide analogue Ro 25-1553 given by inhalation to patients with asthma. Methods; Lung function; Discussion.
- WHEN SHOULD YOU CONSIDER: Weight-loss SURGERY? // Good Health (Australia Edition);Feb2013, p50
Several questions and answers related to weight-loss surgery are presented including a question on the working of lap-band surgery, another on the criteria of performing weight-loss surgery and the success with weight-loss surgery.
- VIP and Drug Design. Gozes, Illana; Furman, Sharon // Current Pharmaceutical Design;Feb2003, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p483
The following review outlines the physiological outcome of VIP and VIP gene manipulations. Previously, we reviewed the various VIP receptors associated with biological functions ranging from growth regulation, sexual function, bronchodilation, vasodilation and immune interactions to...
- Role of androgens in women defined in early study. Hannapel, Coriene E. // Urology Times;Feb2001, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p43
Reports on the use of testosterone to enhance the reactivity of vaginal smooth muscle to vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) in animal models. Experiments that investigated the effects of androgen and estrogen replacement on the contractile responses of vaginal strips; Occurrence of...
- Bold Voices in Progressive Care Using Shared Decision Making to Implement Evidence-Based Practice in Progressive Care. McCabe, Pamela J.; Kalpin, Penny // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2005, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p76
Focuses on the use of shared decision making to implement evidence-based practice in progressive care units at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Information on the clinic's progressive care nursing committee; Model of evidence-based practice used by the committee to guide its decision...
- Is it time to drop vitamin infusion sweet shops? DEVAN, NATASHA // Journal of Aesthetic Nursing;Mar2015, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p57
No abstract available.
- Evidence-Based Practice, Clinical Simulations Workshop, and Intravenous Medications: Moving Toward Safer Practice. Crimlisk, Janet T.; Johnstone, Donald J.; Sanchez, Gail M. // MEDSURG Nursing;May/Jun2009, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p153
In an era of increased emphasis on medication safely practice, a gap exists in the translation of research to clinical practice for administering intravenous continuous infusion medications. An educational initiative was designed for medical-surgical nurses in a tertiary care center to...