RELIGIOSITY, TOBACCO USE, AND POVERTY
- BAPTIST IS NICE, CATHOLIC IS HOME. Conroy, Christopher A. // Commonweal;12/01/2000, Vol. 127 Issue 21, p31
Focuses on the reflections of a Baptist Church member. Reason for joining Baptist Church; Topic of sermons or discussion; Differences with the Catholic Church.
- Religion. // Breckenridge American;4/26/2008, Vol. 141, p8A
This section offers news briefs related to religion in Breckenridge, Texas. The First Baptist Church has expanded its radio ministry in April 2008 by bringing back American Family Radio to the Breckenridge area. Special singing services will be hosted by the North Shelton Avenue Baptist Church...
- CORRECTION. // Christianity Today;Sep2003, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p18
Presents a correction to the article "Pink Slips at Nonprofits" which dealt with church giving, published in the May issue of the magazine "Christianity Today."
- Area Church Directory. // Malakoff News (TX);8/25/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 34, p7A
A list of churches in Texas compiled as of August 2006 is presented. The churches listed include, Abundant Harvest Fellowship in Athens, Antioch Baptist Church in West Malakoff, Calvary Baptist Church in Trinidad and the Church of Christ Gun Barrell in Mabank. Contact number and address of the...
- Religion. // Breckenridge American;8/30/2008, p7A
This section offers news briefs related to religion in Texas as of August 30, 2008. Community Bible Study will hold its first meeting at the First Baptist Church on September 2, 2008. The new season of TeamKids ministry of First Baptist Church will be launched in the Family Life Center on...
- Making the road to heaven easier to find. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);9/4/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p1
The article reports on the four day revival to be held on September 14-17 2008 at the First Baptist Church in Rule, Texas.
- The Art of Cooperation? Kennedy, John W. // Christianity Today;04/24/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p24
Focuses on the growth and revival of the Calvary Baptist Church in Marshfield, Missouri. Response of the church to criticisms against its religious practices; Factors that helped the church's growth and revival; Controversy associated with its practices.
- Southern Baptists fall short of baptism goal. // Christian Century;5/15/2007, Vol. 124 Issue 10, p10
The author reports the goal by the Southern Baptist church to baptize 1 million people in 2006 was not reached. In 2006 there were approximately 365,000 baptisms. This was almost a 2 percent decrease in the number of baptisms compared to 2005. The number of Southern Baptist churches and church...
- Remembering Evangelization: The Option for the Poor and Mission History. Kollman, Paul V. // International Bulletin of Missionary Research;Apr2009, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p59
The article discusses the reconfigurations and how they serve to overcome the limits of past mission history. First, the traditional mission history has a narrow approach to historical sources from its colonialist and positivist roots. Second, the option for the poor questions normative...