ARE REGULAR EXERCISERS ENCOURAGED BY THEIR SPOUSES?
- NEW YEAR, NEW YOU. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;12/30/2015, Vol. 50 Issue 41, p8
The article offers tips for healthier lifestyle in the New Year with recommendations including regular exercise, being patient and committed when starting a fitness regime and eating plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Americans Missing The Boat on Fitness. // Nutrition Health Review: The Consumer's Medical Journal;2004, Issue 91, p5
The article reports on a survey released by the International Health, Racquet and Sports Club Association in the U.S., which states that Americans are inadequate when it comes to health and fitness. Fitness American Style II was a follow-up trial to a 2001 study of how and why Americans...
- The President's Challenge. // American Fitness;May/Jun2009, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p10
The article provides information on the President's Challenge, a program that encourages all people in the U.S. to make being active part of their everyday lives. It consists of the Activity Lifestyle Program, intended for persons who are active for less than 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week, and...
- PEI and the CFLRI Physical Activity Monitor. // Active Living;Jan2007, Vol. 16 Issue 1, pN10
The article presents updates on the Prince Edward Island and the Canadian Fitness and Lifestyle Research Institute Physical Activity Monitor. According to the survey, 62% of Prince Edward Islanders are insufficiently active for optimal health benefits. The most popular physical activities for...
- fitness in paradise. Jones, Donna // Good Medicine (Australian Consolidated Press);Oct2005, p140
Presents an article on dealing with physical activities in Whitsunday Islands, Queensland. Significance of the environment to the promotion of healthy lifestyle; Types of exercises suited for the island; Benefits of the activities to the body.
- NEW YEAR. NEW YOU. // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;12/30/2015, Vol. 45 Issue 52, p8
The article offers suggestions on making a healthier lifestyle which include start a fitness regime, exercise on regular basis, drink a lots of water, eat fresh fruits and vegetables and avoid food items which are high in sodium and sugar.
- If your problem is finding the inspiration to get moving... Alper, Nicole // Essence (Time Inc.);
The article offers tips on exercising. The first step is to set a start date by calling the doctor and letting him know of the plan for a weight loss program. The next step is to hone the exercise strategy by laying the foundation. The last step is to enlist the support of family and friends in...
- Play well with others. Berardi, John M.; Graydon, Amanda // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Feb2009, Issue 316, p56
The article presents a study from the University of Wyoming, saying that social support is one of the most essential factors in fitness success. According to doctor Gary Homann, the author of the study, social support comes from getting involved in an exercise community. It is being noted that...
- Motivational Factors Influencing Older Adults Diagnosed With Knee Osteoarthritis to Join and Maintain an Exercise Program. Damush, Teresa M.; Perkins, Susan M.; Mikesky, Alan E.; Roberts, Melanie; O'Dea, John // Journal of Aging & Physical Activity;Jan2005, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p45
In order to provide successful interventions to increase physical activity among inactive older adults, it is imperative to understand motivational factors influencing exercise. The authors present data from 191 (baseline) and 125 (12-month) community-dwelling men and women with mean ages of...