Albuquerque Mayor Wants Control of Schools' Capital Budget
- Participation dips after NuMenu intro. // FoodService Director;02/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p10
States that participation in the cafeteria meals at the Albuquerque Public School, New Mexico decreased 10 percent after the introduction of `NuMenus' and a 15 cent price increase. Comments from Elaine Keaton, food service division, of the school; Why NuMeun was introduced; Addition of branded...
- Water Samples Taken Following Student Report. S. M. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Jun2005, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p32
Reports on a water test conducted by Albuquerque Public School officials in 2005 following a negative report about the school's water quality. Description of the water; Lead and arsenic content of the water; Diseases caused by ingesting water containing lead.
- Albuquerque Envisions a "Seamless Educational Pathway" for N. M. Students. // Community College Week;9/22/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p9
The article reports on an agreement signed by the Central New Mexico Community College, the University of New Mexico, and the Albuquerque Public Schools in relation to an easier college education for New Mexico students. The agreement entails an expansion of the existing education programs in...
- LEADERSHIP TIMES FOUR. Smith, Roberta F. // American School Board Journal;Dec2003, Vol. 190 Issue 12, p26
Describes the approach of the Albuquerque Public Schools' board of education in New Mexico to find a suitable superintendent after its previous superintendent, Brad Allison was dismissed in 2002 for lack of communication with the board. Role of a superintendent and its importance to the board;...
- Going Green guide offers case studies. // Work-Life Newsbrief & Trend Report;Nov2008, p8
The article provides information on a guidebook which has dozens of case studies of organizations that are doing well by doing good from the Albuquerque Public Schools to car-sharing service Zipcar Inc. in New Mexico. The "Going Green Guidebook" is not cheap, but the savings from applying one or...
- Legislature Passes $720 Million 2003 Capital Budget. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;4/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31362, p4
Reports on the approval of the capital budget for fiscal 2003 by the Maryland General Assembly. Estimate of the total amount of the budget; Provision of funds to various state and local projects through the issuance of bonds; Recipients of the funds.
- Locke Signs Washington's $200 Million Capital Budget. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31857, p4
Focuses on the capital budget with closure of books for 2004 legislative session in Washington. Role of the budget bills produced by lawmakers on the second year of the cycle; Worth of debt for higher education and water projects; Final debt component of the supplemental capital budget.
- Spending Hearing on Tap. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;3/16/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32588, p9
The article reports on the scheduled public hearing on the proposed infrastructure spending for the biennial cycle which was called by the Washington House Capital Budget Committee in Washington, D.C. at one thirty in the afternoon on March 16, 2007. It covers that the committee expects to...
- New Brunswick. Davies, Shayne // Canadian Parliamentary Review;2009, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p45
The article reports on the developments concerning the legislative assemblies in New Brunswick. The Thrid Session of the 56th Legislative Assembly was opened on November 25, 2008 and adjourned on December 19, 2008. The House for the Fall sitting focused on debating the Throne Speech, capital...