S&P Starts Assigning Management Assessments to GO, Appropriation Bonds
- San Diego's Debt Ratings Suspended. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31973, p1
Reports on the suspension of San Diego's debt by Standard & Poor's Ratings Services in California. Reason of the suspension; Impact of the suspension on general fund-backed lease underlying ratings; Failure of the agency to provide the amount of debt affected by the suspension.
- S&P Drops Closed 2ds. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;5/5/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p1
The article reports on the decision of the rating agency, Standard & Poor's Corp., to drop the rating process for closed-end, second-lien mortgages and related residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) in the financial services industry in the U.S. The decision follows the market's...
- Good News Is No News? The Impact of Credit Rating Changes on the Pricing of Asset-Backed Securities. Ammer, John; Clinton, Nathanael // Working Papers -- U.S. Federal Reserve Board's International Fin;2004, p1
We assess the impact of credit ratings on the pricing of structured financial products, using a sample of more than 1300 changes in Moody's or Standard and Poor's (S&P) ratings of U.S. asset-backed securities (ABS). We find that rating downgrades tend to be accompanied by negative returns and...
- MICHIGAN: Bay City Schools Stabilize. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/9/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 327821, p9
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has revised its outlook to stable from negative for the Bay City School District after district management implemented new policies aimed at improving financial performance in Michigan. The rating agency also confirmed its A-minus underlying...
- CareGroup Positive. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;8/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32191, p33
Reports on the revision of the outlook of Standard & Poor's Corp. to the bond of CareGroup Inc. in the U.S. Role of the success of the company in the move of the rating agency to revise the rating; Observation of the agency of the evolution of the company's operating philosophy.
- Pure Water AAA. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/19/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32052, p31
Reports on Standard & Poor's increase of its credit rating for the Ohio Water Development Authority's pure water program bonds. Reasons cited by Standard & Poor's for the increase in the agency's credit rating.
- S&P Drops Some Jefferson County Sewer Warrants to D From CCC. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/3/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32849, p6
The article reports on the decline in the underlying rating assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. to Jefferson County, Alabama's Series 2003B-2 through 2003B-7 sewer revenue refunding warrants to D from CCC. The rating was based on the failure of the county to make a principal payment on the...
- Medical Debt Positive. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/9/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32316, p31
The article reports on the revision of the rating assigned to the bond issued by the Martin County Health Facilities Authority for Martin Memorial Medical Center by Standard & Poor's Corp. The rating was upgraded from positive to stable. The positive rating depicted the medical center's strong...
- S&P Upgrades King County, Wash., to AA Ahead of Upcoming Deals. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;4/24/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32366, p36
The article reports on the upgrade of the rating of the bond issued by King County, Washington by Standard & Poor's Corp. According to analyst Gabriel Petek, the rating was raised from AA-minus to AA on both of the upcoming issue and on the issuer's 1.067 billion dollars of parity obligation...