Chicago City Council Authorizes Up to $300M of Clean Water Bonds
- Time for City Council to finally clean up its act. // Crain's Chicago Business;3/3/97, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p10
Editorial. Comments on the scandals facing the Chicago City Council, in relation to the investigation of United States Attorney James Burns. Response of Mayor Richard Daley; Proposals of the Mayor to the City Council to appoint its own inspector general.
- Business neglects council races at its own peril. // Crain's Chicago Business;1/31/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p16
The article comments on the city council elections in Chicago, Illinois, and the need for business groups to support candidates who will help promote business in the city.
- Chicago Orders Bank Upkeep of Vacancies. Berry, Kate // American Banker;9/12/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 140, p6
The reports Chicago, Illinois' City Council is proposing an ordinance that requires mortgage servicers, banks, and institutional investors to maintain vacant homes and properties until the foreclosures are completed.
- City Council Passes Ordinance to Merge City, County Workforce Development Program. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;6/13/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p3
The article focuses on the approval of the collaboration between the City of Chicago and Cook County in Illinois by the Chicago City Council to create the Chicago-Cook Workforce Partnership, allowing residents to train and apply for jobs regardless of geographical boundaries.
- Chicago City Council. Littman, Margaret // Crain's Chicago Business;08/04/97, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p42
Reports that the Chicago City Council has approved an administration ethics reform package. Approval of an ordinance to provide an Ethics Board subpoena power to investigate and fine aldermen in Chicago.
- City Hall zaps ComEd. Andreoli, Tom // Crain's Chicago Business;5/06/96, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the consideration being given by city officials of Chicago, on whether to renegotiate or end the agreement with Commonwealth Edison Company (ComEd), since it is behind on the up-grading of its transmission and distribution system. Questions of contractural agreement comes at a time of...
- Chicago Makes History As 1st City To Pass Slavery-Era Disclosure Ordinance. // Jet;10/21/2002, Vol. 102 Issue 18, p4
Reports on the Chicago City Council Finance and Human Relations committee's unanimous passage of an ordinance that requires any companies doing business with the city of Chicago, Illinois to disclose past ties with slavery.
- 'Chicago Digital' Website to Connect Public to City's Digital Innovation Projects. // Chicago Weekend;1/9/2013, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p3
The article reviews the web site Chicago Digital, located at www.Digital.CityOfChicago.org, from the city council of Chicago, Illinois.
- Chicago to Weigh PFC-Backed Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;03/28/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31106, p1
Reports that the Chicago City Council will vote on a 700 million dollar bond issue backed by passenger facility charges. Financing of improvements at the O'Hare International Airport; Structure of the proposed bonds.