Thomas Nelson Adds $16 Million Trade Publisher to Company
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY. // Orange County Business Journal;9/19/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p8
Reports developments involving the different industries in Orange County, California. Plan of Acacia Research Corp. to sell millions of its shares in its CombiMatrix unit; Acquisition of DataLogic International Inc. by CDSi Holdings Inc.; Sale of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International's plant in...
- Nelson Adds More Bibles. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/6/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 40, p12
Reports on the acquisition of certain assets by Thomas Nelson from the World Bible Publishers in September 2003. Number of titles acquired by the company from World Bible; Changes planned by Thomas Nelson for the operation of World Bible Publishers.
- Nelson Revenue Up 6.5% As Title Output Plunges. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2007, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p1
The article reports that Christian publisher has expected to increase revenues about 6.5% in fiscal 2007 during a busy fiscal year in which Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc. has bought one press, sold another and took the whole company into private in the U.S. In September 2006, Nelson has acquired...
- Another surprise in U. K. retailing: W. H. Smith buys Menzies. Richardson, Jean // Publishers Weekly;3/16/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 11, p12
Reports on acquisitions, mergers and expansions of the book retailing business in Great Britain. Announcement that W. H. Smith will purchase the retail newsdealer John Menzies; Announcement by HMV Media group of a merger of the Waterstones and Dillons shops; Expansion planned by the specialist...
- Nelson cutting presence at two book shows. // Publishers Weekly;4/7/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 14, p22
Informs that Thomas Nelson and its NelsonWord Publishing division will be reducing its corporate presence at two upcoming book shows. NelsonWord's attendance at BookExpo America; Thomas Nelson's corporate presence at the Christian Booksellers Association convention.
- CBA Would Fight U.S. Bidders. // Book Publishing Report;12/4/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p1
Reports the opposition of the Canadian Booksellers Association to the merger plans of American companies with Chapters Inc. in Canada. Details on the proposal of Trilogy Retail to purchase Chapters Inc. stocks; Reasons of Chapters Inc. for rejecting the merger proposal of Trilogy; Impact of the...
- BigFoot print: Southern Tire Mart adds 11 stores with Mileage Masters Inc. acquisition. Linsalata, Vera // Tire Business;4/13/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p9
No abstract available.
- New Worldhotels members fill gaps in key cities. Gunter, Heather // Hotel & Motel Management;11/21/2005, Vol. 220 Issue 20, p4
This article focuses on the growth of Worldhotels. The company is expecting for an additional 50 to 55 new member hotels. The addition contributes about 5,000 rooms to the assets of the company. This development is very important to the company in its efforts to leap forward in terms of...
- Study options, tax strategies when deciding to expand. Johnson, Simon; Kreutzer, Matt // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);5/5/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p31
The article presents tips on how business owners can expand their businesses. It notes that organic growth or growth within the business is not the only initiative that owners planning to expand can take. It describes the two structures of merger and acquisition transactions which are asset...