- Little England made him. Hilts, Dan // Books in Canada;Jun/Jul80, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p23
Reviews the book 'Growing Up Stupid Under the Union Jack,' by Austin Clarke.
- Growing Up Stupid Under the Union Jack (Book). Clarke, Austin // New Internationalist;Jan/Feb2004, Issue 364, p39
Reviews the book "Growing Up Stupid Under the Union Jack," by Austin Clarke.
- Departures. Machan, Teresa // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;12/15/2003, Issue 1698, p47
This article presents information on the travel industry. Imagine eating cold fish for Christmas dinner and having to catch it first. Arctic alternatives are sure to get one in the festive spirit. Christmas Down Under is always fun. Just like the water that runs down the plug hole the other way,...
- Fish warns of warming threat. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/11/2004, Issue 2618, p4
Reports on the warning issued by BBC weatherman Michael Fish that a rise in global temperatures would significantly affect ski holidays, safaris and the traditional package to Spain.
- Vacation or staycation? Daly, Melissa // Redbook;Mar2011, Vol. 216 Issue 3, p176
The article presents suggestion on how to decide whether one should go on vacation.
- CHEAPER SLEEP THIS HOLIDAY SEASON. Chen, Amy // Money;Nov2011, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p24
The article briefly discusses several vacation destinations for the 2011 holiday season that are said to represent good value including San Diego, California, Maui, Hawaii, and Vail Valley, Colorado.
- holiday steals. FOX, MARION LAFFEY // Coastal Living;2010, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p45
The article discusses several vacation destinations the publication deems suitable for the winter holidays. Venues noted include South Beach and Key West, Florida, Huntington Beach, California, and Belize. Details include expected temperature ranges, things to do, and discounts available to...
- One four-day weekend for 2013. // Hungary A.M.;01/03/2013, p7
The article reports that most national holidays in Hungary in 2013 will be on Fridays or Mondays, resulting in four three-day weekends during the year, with one four-day weekend on August 20.
- 5 ways to a 4-star vacation. Booth, Stephanie // Redbook;May2013, Vol. 220 Issue 5, p144
The article presents the views of Jessica Fisher, a blogger and cookbook author, on how she makes it possible to go on a luxurious vacation with her huge family without spending too much money.