Health literacy: Where are the Canadian doctors?
- PEOPLE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Rwanda;Mar2006, p2
Provides demographic information about the Republic of Rwanda. Ethnic groups that comprise the indigenous population in the country; Percentage of literate adults in the country; Number of enrollees at the national university in Butare.
- PEOPLE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Rwanda;Nov2004, p2
Presents demographic information on Rwanda. Population density in the country as of August 2002; Ethnic groups that constitute the indigenous population in the region; Literacy rate.
- PEOPLE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Angola;Apr2008, p2
The article offers information on the people of Angola. The estimated population of the country as of 2005 was 15,500,000, and its annual population growth rate is 2.8%. The country has several ethnic groups, including the Ovimbundu, Kimbundu, Bakongo and a mixture of various races. About 68% of...
- THE ENAWENE OF BRAZIL AND EDUCATION. Hodgson, Anna // Contemporary Review;Dec2004, Vol. 285 Issue 1667, p341
Shows the role of education in the success of Enawene, an indigenous group in Brazil. Background of Enawene; Qualities that make the Enawene different from most indigenous groups in Brazil; Literacy program for Enawene; Introduction and diffusion of mathematics; Extract from a letter written by...
- PEOPLE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Rwanda;Nov2006, p2
The article presents information on the people of Rwanda. The population density of the country is the highest in Sub-Saharan Africa. Almost all of the family in Rwanda lives in a self-contained compound on a hillside. The indigenous population is comprised of three ethnic groups, the Hutus,...
- Initiatives of the Indigenous Issues Special Interest Group. Homer, Caroline // inCite;Jul2008, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p16
The article focuses on the Indigenous Issues Special Interest Group (IISIG) in Australia. The group is one of ten special interest groups that are attached to the Australian Society of Archivists. It comprises of members from a diverse range of professions including a number of librarians. Two...
- PEOPLE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Liberia;11/22/2011, p3
The article offers information on the people of Liberia, including the ethnic groups that make up the country's indigenous population.
- FROM THE EDITOR. Waters, Anne // APA Newsletters;Spring2004, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p189
Provides an overview of articles on land recovery for indigenous nations.
- PUBLISHER'S NOTE. Kun, Karen // Corporate Knights Magazine;Spring2009, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p10
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Cynthia Wesley-Esquimaux on Aboriginal communities, another by Melissa Shin on a permanent exhibition for North American indigenous peoples, and another on the views regarding some Aboriginal issues.