Driving retirement: the role of the physician
- CHAPTER 44: ALZHEIMER'S. Miller, Richard K.; Washington, Kelli D. // Healthcare Business Market Research Handbook;2007, p192
Chapter 44 of "The 2006 Healthcare Business Market Research Handbook" is presented. It offers an assessment of the prevalence of Alzheimer's disease in the U.S. The forecast of the Alzheimer's Association on the cases of the disease in 2050 is given. It also reports on the drug treatments for...
- RESEARCH & TECHNOLOGY. // MondayMorning;3/24/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p6
The article cites several medical research studies. One study is from Harvard University on Alzheimer's disease suggests that memory and thinking problems of the disease and other dementias may be related to a failure in the brain's stress response system. Second study is by Melbourne Brain...
- Meadow Place Focused Entirely On Alzheimer's. Payne, Scott // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/15/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 37, pB6
Features the Meadow Place, a facility dedicated to the care of Alzheimer's sufferers in Michigan. Major problem in the life of an Alzheimer's patient from a layman's perspective, Jean Van Den Beldt; Inspiration to build the facility; Amenities offered for residents.
- Neurodegenerative disease: Death receptor takes centre stage. Whalley, Katherine // Nature Reviews Neuroscience;Oct2007, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p740
The article reports on the pathology of Alzheimer's disease with emphasis on the results of various studies being conducted in order to find effective treatment methods. According to the author, there has been no concrete understanding of the pathology of the disease; as a matter of fact, a...
- CHAPTER 59: ALZHEIMER'S. Miller, Richard K.; Washington, Kelli D. // Healthcare Business Market Research Handbook;2006, p330
Chapter 59 of the book "The 2006 Healthcare Business Market Research Handbook" is presented. It reveals the cost of diagnosis, treatment and long-term care for patients with Alzheimer's disease in the U.S., according to the Alzheimer's Association. The number of people diagnosed with Alzheimer's...
- Care of Individuals With Alzheimer's Disease In the New Millennium. Souder, Elaine; Rapp, Carla Gene; Davis, Gwynn V.; Beck, Cornelia; Liem, Pham H. // MEDSURG Nursing;Feb2004, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p22
The incidence of Alzheimer's disease (AD), the leading form of dementia, is expected to increase exponentially in the next 50 years. The nursing and medical care of individuals diagnosed with AD, including the health-related challenges faced by all aging individuals, are discussed.
- Do statins ease the risk of dementia? Ireland, Tom // GP: General Practitioner;9/7/2007, p15
The article discusses the role of statins in reducing the risk of Alzheimer's. Patients taking the drugs to prevent strokes or treat heart disease could reduce their risk of developing Alzheimer's by as much as 80 percent. Researchers in the U.S. analysed the brains of a random population sample...
- Combined Therapy Found Effective For AD Patients. Mangan, Doreen // RN;Apr2004, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p80
Reports on the efficacy of combined donepezil HCI and memantine HCI for the treatment of patients with moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease. Number of patients enrolled in the study; Dosage; Length of the research.
- Should the ApoE genotype be a covariate for clinical trials in Alzheimer disease? Farlow, Martin R. // Alzheimer's Research & Therapy;2010, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p1
No abstract available.