News @ at a glance
- An international standard for disclosure of clinical trial information. Godlee, Fiona // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/13/2006, Vol. 332 Issue 7550, p1107
The article comments on the efforts to create a comprehensive registration for clinical trials. Current discussions center on negotiations with the pharmaceutical and medical devices industries about the information to be registered for which trials and when it should be done. An international ...
- Pharma Urged to Register Early Trials. Mitchell, Pete // Pharma DD: Tracking Discovery & Development;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p20
The article focuses on the proposal of the World Health Organization (WHO) concerning the publication of plans for all clinical trials by pharmaceutical companies on the Internet that include early-stage proof-of-concept studies. WHO requires all medical studies that test treatments on human...
- WHO seeks system for tracking global clinical trials. Check, Erika // Nature;11/11/2004, Vol. 432 Issue 7014, p137
The article presents a report on a system for tracking global clinical trials. The World Health Organization (WHO) hopes to earn international support next week for a far-reaching plan to set up a global tracking system for clinical trials. These measures are intended to reduce the duplication...
- Raising the standards of clinical trials and research. // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;Sep2007, Vol. 85 Issue 9, p658
An interview with Sir Iain Chalmers, library editor of the James Lind Library is presented. When asked about the importance of clinical trials and how does the James Lind Library fit in, he relates that clinical trial assess whether claims about the effects of treatments are dangerous or...
- WHO to unveil global clinical trials register. Dyer, Owen // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;Sep2004, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p714
Reports that the World Health Organization will unveil the first global clinical trials register in November 2004. Criticisms on drug companies that suppressed vital data; Potential of the register to establish international procedures; Plans of the WHO to use an existing numbering system.
- Cancer's Achilles' heel. // Marketing Health Services;Winter2007, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p9
The article reports that patients with advanced melanoma who participated in early tests of an experimental drug seemed to show signs of a slowdown in the spreading of the deadly skin cancer. According to Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp., test patients who received the drug survived an average of 3.7...
- Global Health Programs: Linking Global Challenges with Country Needs. Govindaraj, Ramesh; Sarna, Naveen // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Aug2003, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p698
Focuses on the challenges facing health, nutrition and population global programs in relation to the specific needs of each country. Indication that global programs are not effectively linked with country assistance; Potential for conflicts of interest in in-house program Secretariats.
- Back cover. // International Health (1876-3413);Mar2014, Vol. 6 Issue 1, pNP
No abstract available.
- Contents Page. // International Health (1876-3413);Mar2014, Vol. 6 Issue 1, pNP
The table of contents for the March 2014 issue of the journal "International Health" is presented.