Advances and retreats on AIDS Front
- 16th World Aids Conference. J. G. // Gay Times (09506101);Oct2006, Issue 337, p73
The article reports on the 16th International AIDS Conference held in Toronto, Ontario on August 13, 2006. Philanthropists Bill and Melinda Gates have urged world governments to boost their funding for AIDS and HIV research. The Gates have also promised to put more money into the cause through...
- 24,000 at Int'l AIDS conference. // Gay & Lesbian Times;8/24/2006, Issue 974, p35
The article reports on the 16th International AIDS Conference in Toronto, Ontario in August 2006, which was attended by about 24,000 delegates from 170 nations. The opening-session address was given by Bill Gates and his wife Melinda, co-chairpersons of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation....
- Star Power Trumps History in AIDS Coverage. Jackson, Janine // Extra!;Oct2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the complaints raised by AIDS activists against the failure of the 16th International AIDS Conference held in Toronto, Ontario to highlight AIDS activists and patients, by focusing too much on Microsoft Corp.'s chairperson Bill Gates and former U.S. President Bill Clinton....
- GATES STUMPS FOR CORBIS. DeFoore, Jay // Photo District News;Mar2004, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p17
Reports on the appearance of Microsoft Corp. founder Bill Gates at the first annual Corbis meeting in New York, on January 15, 2004.
- Bill Gates philanthropic efforts unparalleled. // Jackson Advocate;2/26/2015, Vol. 77 Issue 21, p13C
The article features Bill Gates, the co-founder of Microsoft Corp., highlighting his an interest in filling his mother's role as a civic leader and philanthropist.
- NeuroAIDS in the developing world. Joseph, Jeymohan; Prasad, Vinayaka // Journal of NeuroVirology;Apr2005 Supplment 1, Vol. 11, p4
Highlights the symposium entitled "Aids in India: A Workshop-Symposium on Research, Trials and Treatment" in August 2004 in Bangalore, India. Keynote speakers; Topics discussed in the symposium; Programs and activities.
- AIDSFRONT. Delaney, Martin // Advocate;7/30/91, Issue 582, p35
Reports on developments concerning AIDS programs in the U.S. as of July 1991. Plans of the federal government to send half number of delegates sent last year to the Seventh International Conference on AIDS in Florence, Italy; Debates over the appropriation of AIDS funds for 1992; Results of a...
- Bangkok AIDS Conference May Be Largest Ever, July 11 to 16. // AIDS Treatment News;5/28/2004, Issue 401, p8
Announces the XV International AIDS Conference to be held in Bangkok, Thailand from July 11-16, 2004. Expected number of delegates from 160 countries; Theme of the event; Official Web site for the XV International AIDS Conference.
- HIV/AIDS and STD Updates. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;May2012, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p304
The article offers updates on HIV/AIDS and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Release of evidence-based guidelines intended to optimize entry and antiretroviral therapy (ART) adherence in HIV individuals. A study revealed that HIV status did not diminish desire for a future pregnancy in urban...