VELASCOA (CROSSOSOMATACEAE), UN GENERO NUEVO DE LA SIERRA MADRE ORIENTAL DE MEXICO
- Hailmium and x Halimiocistus have great garden potential. Bell, Neil // NMPRO - Nursery Management & Production;Feb2006, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p12
The article discusses the genus Halimium, which is composed of various types of rock roses. Halimiums are Mediterranean shrubs. It is similar in traits with plants from the genus Cistus. The hybrid of the two genera has produced the x Halimiocistus. Halimium have yellow flowers making it...
- Garrya. Collins, Kris // Horticulture Week;2/20/2009, p16
The article provides information on the features of Garrya in Great Britain. The author states that the ever green genus makes a striking addition to borders in shady situations. In addition, the number of species of the plant within its genus is having 50 varieties. Moreover, the Garrya is an...
- DOS ESPECIES NUEVAS DE PERYMENIUM (COMPOSITAE-HELIANTHEAE) DE LA PORCIÃ“N ÃRIDA DEL ESTADO DE QUERÃ‰TARO (MÃ‰XICO). Rzedowski, Jerzy; de Rzedowski, Graciela Calderón // Acta Botanica Mexicana;ene2010, Issue 90, p119
Perymenium arriagae and P. sotoarenasii are described and illustrated as new species from central Queretaro. Both are shrubs of xerophilous habitat and habit, and are known from scarce collections, in spite of the fact that the area has been fairly intensively explored. Seemingly the two species...
- EVALUATION OF GROWTH AND FLOWERING OF HISTORICAL CULTIVARS OF Rosa gallica L. GROWING IN THE NATIONAL COLLECTION OF ROSE CULTIVARS IN THE POLISH ACADEMY OF SCIENCE BOTANICAL GARDEN IN POWSIN. Monder, Marta Joanna // Acta Agrobotanica;2014, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p39
Rosa gallica is a native species under strict protection and its cultivars are practically unknown in Poland. The aim of the observations was to evaluate the possibilities of growing the studied cultivars in the climate of Central Poland. In the years 2000-2012, observations were conducted of...
- Intercropping with Shrub Species That Display a â€˜Steady-Stateâ€™ Flowering Phenology as a Strategy for Biodiversity Conservation in Tropical Agroecosystems. Peters, Valerie E. // PLoS ONE;Mar2014, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p1
Animal species in the Neotropics have evolved under a lower spatiotemporal patchiness of food resources compared to the other tropical regions. Although plant species with a steady-state flowering/fruiting phenology are rare, they provide predictable food resources and therefore may play a...
- SISTEMÃTICA DEL GÃ‰NERO ABELIA (CAPRIFOLIACEAE) EN MÃ‰XICO. VILLARREAL-QUINTANILLA, JOSÉ Á.; VILLASEÑOR-RÍOS, JOSÉ LUIS; ESTRADA-CASTILLÓN, EDUARDO // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2013, Issue 102, p99
The genus Abelia (Caprifoliaceae) includes a set of shrubby plants distributed in the montane temperate regions of eastern Asia and America. The genus is characterized by its persistent sepals, its funnelform or tubular corolla and its indehiscent trilocular capsule. In America all the species...
- This one needs a clear label. Kinsey, Melanie // Australian Horticulture;May2011, p11
The article offers information on the plant species, Metapanax delavayi, the tropical plant species described as a rounded shrub with finely textured compound leaves reminiscent of marijuana.
- Validation of the name Drosera monticola (Droseraceae), a species from the south-west of Western Australia. Lowrie, Allen // Nuytsia;2011, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p152
The article offers information about Drosera monticola, Droseraceae, a plant species from the south-west of Western Australia. It mentions that the plant was described as Drosera stolonifear sub species monticola and was raised to species as Drosera monticola.
- Guzmania kentii, A Nice Species In Cultivation. Gouda, Eric // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p110
The article presents a description of the Guzmania kentii plant.