GLOSSARY OF TERMS FOR EVIDENCE-BASED ORTHOPAEDICS
- Regulatory aspects of evaluating combination treatments in autoimmune diseases. // Springer Seminars in Immunopathology;Jun2001, Vol. 23 Issue 1/2, p35
Focuses on the development of combination therapies in which the individual components interfere with the same features of the disease such as symptoms and signs of inflammation. Results of preclinical development of combination therapies; Basis of regulatory guidelines on experience with...
- Chronotherapy working with the body's rhythms. // Patient Care;9/30/1997, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p10
Discusses the concept of applying chronotherapy by medical physicians. Reference to the application of the biological rhythms to the field of biochemical therapeutics as chronotherapeutics; Variation of the biological events; How the human biological clock fluctuates; Description of medical...
- Visual enlightenment. Gray, Noah // Nature Neuroscience;Jun2008, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p630
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on the use of light-activated channels for therapeutics, and another on a new channel that extends the rescue of functionality.
- Fulfillment of Therapeutic Tasks as a Precondition for Acceptance in Therapy. Omer, Haim // American Journal of Psychotherapy;Apr1985, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p175
Details a technique that has a facilitative effect on therapeutic tasks. Characteristics of the technique; Benefits provided by the technique to patients; Factors that make preconditions tasks helpful to therapy.
- WHAT IS...Bowen therapy. Brown, Emma-Charlotte // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);12/30/2002, p62
Discusses the Bowen therapy, a natural form of gentle and non-invasive therapy that is said to achieve quick, lasting results on chronic ailments.
- TO REFER ON NOT TO REFER? PART 4 POSTERIOR EYE THERAPEUTICS C-20109 O/AS/SP/IP. Keys, Stanley // Optometry Today;11/30/2012, Vol. 52 Issue 23, p38
A quiz about posterior eye therapeutics is presented.
- Editorial. Browne, Sarah // Therapy Today;Jun2008, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one about the experiences of a patient as she moves on from one therapy to another and another on a qualitative research on therapy.
- allopathy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p83
An encyclopedia entry for the term "allopathy," a system of treating disease done by inducing a pathological reaction that is antagonistic to the disease.
- Evaluating new treatments. Cranberg, Lawrence // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/31/98, Vol. 317 Issue 7167, p1261
Comments on the use of modern computer technology in evaluating medical treatments. Information on the computrial concept of treament evaluation; Significance and effectiveness of the computrial approach; Ethical and management issues raised with the use of the approach.