STRESS INJURIES OF THE CALCANEUS DETECTED WITH MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING IN MILITARY RECRUITS
- New treatment for chronic heel pain relieves symptoms. // New Hampshire Business Review;10/31/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p27A
Reports on the availability of a novel treatment for plantar fasciitis or chronic heel pain at Concord Hospital in New Hampshire. Offering of extracorporeal shockwave therapy; Effectiveness in relieving heel pain.
- Heel yourself. Young, Stephanie // Glamour;Apr97, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p68
Recommends the use of over-the-counter shoe inserts to ease heel pain.
- Health 911. Mandelbaum-Schmid, Judith // Self;Sep98, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p66
Reports on heel pain resulting from inflammation of the plantar fascia. Information on the condition plantar fasciitis; Statements from Glen Pfeffer, M.D., chair of public of eduction for the American Orthopedic Food and Ankle Society; Treatment of heel pain.
- Healing your heel. // Consumer Reports on Health;Dec97, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p140
Focuses on the treatment and prevention of heal pain by the use of exercise and over the counter heel pads. Information on the type of exercise done to help the heel; Identification of the results of a study conducted on two hundred and forty heel patients.
- Short-leg cast is successful in treatment of heel pain. Harper, Marion C.; Tisdel, Christopher L. // American Family Physician;6/1/1995, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p1978
Reports on the results of a retrospective study of patients treated with a cast for plantar heel pain. Short-leg walking cast as a reasonable treatment option; Option for consideration prior to surgical intervention; Pain relief noted by patients during casting.
- Modified shoes and casts a good step toward relieving heel pain. // Modern Medicine;Sep95, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p23
Reports on the findings that modified shoe or cast is a good choice for providing at least mild to moderate pain relief for patients who experience pain. Boston study; Charlotte Study.
- Diagnostik und Therapie der Koalitionen und Synostosen bei Kindern und Jugendlichen. Hamel, J. // Der OrthopÃ¤de;Jun2013, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p442
The majority of tarsal coalitions are located in the calcaneonavicular and talocalcaneal regions and other locations are rare. Complete early ossified synostoses are found not only in major limb deficiencies but also in otherwise normal feet. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and computed...
- Bony destructive injuries of the calcaneus: long-term results of a minimally invasive procedure followed by early functional exercise: a retrospective study. Yanling Su; Wei Chen; Qi Zhang; Song Liu; Tao Zhang; Yingze Zhang // BMC Surgery;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Background Bony destructive injury of the calcaneus (BDIC) represents one of the most severe comminuted fractures of the calcaneus in which soft tissue coverage remains intact. The features of this injury include a collapsed articular surface, significant widening, severe loss of height and an...
- Comparison of Surgical Outcomes of Intra-Articular Calcaneal Fractures by Age. Gaskill, Trevor; Schweitzer, Karl; Nunley, James // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;12/15/2010, Vol. 92-A Issue 18, p2884
Background: Internal fixation is an accepted treatment for displaced fractures of the calcaneus. Operative intervention in older patients, however, is traditionally discouraged in the literature. The purpose of this study was to compare the outcomes of internal fixation of intra-articular...