COMPARISON OF BULB SYRINGE AND PULSED LAVAGE IRRIGATION WITH USE OF A BIOLUMINESCENT MUSCULOSKELETAL WOUND MODEL
- Robot-Assisted Mitrofanoff and Malone Antegrade Continence Enema Reconstruction Using Divided Appendix. Atul A. Thakre; C.K. Yeung; Craig Peters // Journal of Endourology;Oct2008, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p2393
Fecal soiling or intractable constipation frequently occurs in association with urinary incontinence in children with varying pathologic conditions. To manage double incontinence or the combination of wetting and severe constipation, a Mitrofanoff conduit and a channel for antegrade continence...
- An Outbreak of Postoperative Gram-Negative Bacterial Endophthalmitis Associated with Contaminated Trypan Blue Ophthalmic Solution. Sunenshine, Rebecca; Schultz, Maureen; Lawrence, Mary G.; Soo Shi; Jensen, Bette; Zubairi, Sabiha; Labriola, Ann M.; Shams, Alicia; Noble-Wang, Judith; Arduino, Matthew J.; Gordin, Fred; Srinivasan, Arjun // Clinical Infectious Diseases;6/1/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p1580
We report 6 cases of postsurgical endophthalmitis due to gram-negative bacteria associated with contaminated trypan blue dye from a compounding pharmacy. Unopened trypan blue syringes yielded Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Burkholderia cepacia complex on culture, with pulsed-field gel...
- Bacterial Quorum Interrupted. // PharmaGenomics;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the discovery of a new drug compound that can knock out the quorum-sensing genes in Pseudomonas aeruginosa in Buffalo, New York as of March 2003. Function of the quorum sensing system; Characteristics of the bacteria; Approach of the compound to the treatment of bacterial cells.
- Exploitation of syndecan-1 shedding by Pseudomonas aeruginosa enhances virulence. Park, Pyong Woo; Pier, Gerald B.; Hinkes, Michael T.; Bernfield, Merton // Nature;5/3/2001, Vol. 411 Issue 6833, p98
Presents a study which showed that the shedding of syndecan-1 by Pseudomonas aeruginosa enhanced bacterial virulence in newborn mice. Research methodology; Results and discussion; Conclusions.
- Development of colistin resistance in pmrA-, phoP-, parR- and cprR-inactivated mutants of Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Lee, Ji-Young; Chung, Eun Seon; Na, In Young; Kim, Hyunkeun; Shin, Dongwoo; Ko, Kwan Soo // Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (JAC);Nov2014, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p2966
Objectives Colistin susceptibility in Pseudomonas aeruginosa is associated with a lipopolysaccharide (LPS) structure that is controlled by the modulation of several two-component regulatory systems. In this study, we attempted to elucidate the role of these two-component systems in the...
- Survival and expression of DNA repair genes in marine bacteria Pseudomonas pseudoalcaligenes NP103 and P. aeruginosa N6P6 in response to environmental stressors. Das, Surajit; Ganeriwal, Sonam; Mangwani, Neelam; Patel, Bhakti // Microbiology (00262617);Sep2015, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p644
A comparative response of marine bacteria Pseudomonas pseudoalcaligenes NP103 and P. aeruginosa N6P6 under pH stress and UV radiation (UVR) revealed that both their survival pattern and repair mechanism are species specific. In case of P. pseudoalcaligenes NP103, the survival was maximum at pH...
- Factors Influencing Fluoroquinolone Resistance. Sahm, Daniel F.; Thornsberry, Clyde; Jones, Mark E.; Karlowsky, James A. // Emerging Infectious Diseases;Dec2003, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p1651
Focuses on factors that have an influence on the efficacy of fluoroquinolones against Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Comparison of the efficacy of fluoroquinolones with ciprofloxacin; Side effects of targeted fluoroquinolone therapy; Fluoroquinolone resistance in enteric bacteria.
- Hospital Outbreak of Carbapenem-Resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa Producing VIM-1, a Novel Transferable Metallo-Î²-Lactamase. Cornaglia, Giuseppe; Mazzariol, Annarita; Lauretti, Laura; Rossolini, Gian Maria; Fontana, Roberta // Clinical Infectious Diseases;11/1/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p1119
Presents a study on the hospital outbreak of pseudomonas aeruginosa, the bacteria most commonly isolated from nosocomial infections. Bacterial and screening procedures; Details on the disk susceptibility tests performed; Origins and screening of the isolates.
- Preparado de inmunoglobulina contra LPS de Pseudomonas aeruginosa serotipo O11. Moya, Aniel; Joó, Lázaro; Rodrígruez, Alexandro; Hernández, Janhna; Hernández, Johnatan; Almenares, Juan F.; Berrios, Denisse; Rodríguez, Zoraida; Cádiz, Armando; Esnard, Sara C. // Revista VacciMonitor (VacunologÃa y Temas Afines);Jan2002, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p11
Based on classification studies of isolated Pseudomonas aeruginosa strains from patients of Santiago de Cuba's Hospitals, an immunoglobulin preparation with high specificity to P. aeruginosa O11 LPS was developed, from plasma of healthy donors with relevant titer against this lipopolysaccharidic...