- Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Browne, Eric; Canty, Jamiee; Casey, Jennifer; Goldman, Linda; Gwen, Eleanor; Judy, Tabitha; Revell, Catherine; Schell, Kimberly; Williams, Michelle; Wyatt, Devin; Goldman, Phyllis Barkas // Monkeyshines on Ancient Cultures;2001, p2
Provides information on the seven wonders of the ancient world, such as the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt.
- CHAPTER IV: The Visionary. Mencken, H. L. // Book of Burlesques;1/ 1/1916, p26
Chapter 4 of the book "A Book of Burlesque" is presented. It relates a story that highlights the making of the Great Pyramid of Cheops, also known as the Great Pyramid of Giza. Furthermore, it provides information on Khufu, the second pharaoh of the Fourth Dynasty, who has built the pyramid,...
- Journey to the Seven Wonders. Perrottet, Tony // Smithsonian;Jun2004, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p114
Provides information on the Seven Wonders of the World. Translation of the hieroglyphics of the Pyramids of Giza in Egypt; Reason for the collapse of the Colossus of Rhodes in Greece; Description of the statue of Zeus at the Temple of Zeus in Olympia, Greece.
- Just the Facts. Leardi, Jeanette // Great Pyramid: Egypt's Tomb for All Time;2007, p28
This section of the book "Great Pyramid: Egypt's Tomb for All Time," presents facts on the Great Pyramid. The Great Pyramid, which stood at 481 feet, is one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World and was the tallest building in the wold for more than 3,000 years. The very top of the Great...
- High 5. Hatch, Cynthia // Faces;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p2
The article offers fascinating facts about wonders of the world. Through the actions of individuals, they become human wonders, such as volunteering at human shelters, building homes or visiting ill children. The Great Pyramid of Giza and the Great Wall of China are examples of constructed...
- The Sole Survivor. Ikram, Salima; Kamrin, Janice // Faces;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p8
The article features the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt. This pyramid is the sole survivor of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. It was built more than 4,000 years ago as the tomb of King Khufu, who ruled the country around 2500 B.C. The ancient builders have used limestone blocks for the...
- Seven wonders. // International Construction;Oct2005, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p6
The article reports that a Dubai property developer has planned to build a city containing lifesize replicas of the seven wonders of the world at an estimated cost of AED5.5 billion. The Falcon City of Wonders will include three buildings modelled on structures that were part of the original...
- Rover's return to Pyramids. // Engineer (00137758);9/13/2002, Vol. 291 Issue 7611, p5
Focuses on the robot, Pyramid Rover, a specially designed to unlock secrets of the Great Pyramid at Giza. Mission of the robot; Physical measurements of the robot; Broadcast of the operation in cable and satellite televisions.
- Quiz. Matthews, Sheelagh // Pyramids of Giza;2008, p28
A quiz about the Pyramids of Giza in Egypt is presented.