Of mice and men
- OPERATIONS WATCH. // DSN Retailing Today;5/23/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p7
The article reports that Danish shipping giant A.P. Moller-Maersk has agreed to pay $3 billion in cash for Dutch rival P&O Nedlloyd. The move will expand its fleet to cement its leadership of the industry. P&O Nedlloyd's board will support the intended offer of $72.42 per share, which represents...
- Mergers, acquisitions and alliances. Bonney, Joseph // Journal of Commerce (15307557);5/23/2005, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p6
Comments on the consolidation of container shipping lines in line with the decision of A. P. Moller-Maersk to acquire P&O Nedlloyd. Impact of the acquisition on the global container shipping market; Reasons for the proliferation of carrier alliances and space-charter agreements in the early...
- Could a terminal merger be next? // Journal of Commerce (15307557);5/23/2005, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p7
Deals with the acquisition of P&O Nedlloyd by A.P. Moller-Maersk (APM) in the container shipping industry. Impact on APM Terminals, the captive terminals business of APM; Action that P&O might take for its ferries division; Effect of the merger on Maersk Sealand's container fleet.
- A lot of 'what if's' Leach, Peter T. // Journal of Commerce (15307557);5/23/2005, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p16
Examines the possible impact of the acquisition of Royal P&O Nedlloyd by A.P. Moller-Maersk on the container shipping industry. Impact on the Grand Alliance of which P&O Nedlloyd is a member; Effects on carrier alliances; Outlook of industry analysts on the possibility of further consolidation...
- Maersk makes offer for P&O Nedlloyd. // Logistics Today;Jun2005, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p42
Reports that container shipping company A.P. Moller-Maersk has agreed to purchase rival Royal P and O Nedlloyd. Purchase price; Financial performance of the two firms as of June 2005; Total operating fleet of the two firms.
- Men Overboard at Maersk. Leach, Peter T. // Traffic World;7/2/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 26, p31
The article discusses the management reorganization of A.P. Moller-Maersk, a container ship and supply vessel operator in Denmark, after it has experienced a loss of about $568 million in 2006. It is stated the company replaced three of its top executives, including Jess Soderberg, Knud...
- Maersk to Acquire Nedlloyd. Tucker, Ross // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/17/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 104, p10
Reports on the agreement signed by shipping company A.P. Moeller-Maersk for the acquisition of Royal P&O Nedlloyd NV, as of May 17, 2005. Total purchase price of the agreement; Representation of the cash being offered by Maersk to Nedlloyd; Advantage of the agreement to Maersk.
- Charting a new direction. Mongelluzzo, Bill // Journal of Commerce (15307557);2/6/2006, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p10
The article explores the changes in the east-west services of container ship lines. It states the number of ships to be delivered to container ship lines in 2006. The impact of the acquisition of P&O Nedlloyd by Maersk and the acquisition of CP Ships by Hapag-Lloyd on the containerization sector...
- Double delight for rail freight industry. // Commercial Motor;7/13/2006, Vol. 204 Issue 5186, p19
The article reports on the opening of the Birmingham Intermodal Freight Terminal by Roadways Container Logistics in West Midlands, England and the decision of Freightliner to sign an intermodal rail contract with Danish shipping and logistics firm AP Moller-Maersk. The terminal is expected to...