St. Martin's Having Better Bestseller Year in 2006
- Thomas Dunne Gears Up For Release Of Buchanan's Book. // Book Publishing Report;8/30/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p4
Reports on the expectations of New York-based Thomas Dunne Books on the release of the new book of Pat Buchanan in the U.S. Statement of publicity manager Joe Renaldi that a significant advance of the book will command higher returns for the company; Brief career background of Buchanan;...
- Tough-Talking Taki Takes on Neo-Cons. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;7/22/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p35
Talks about the plan of conservatives Pat Buchanan, Scott McConnell and international gossip columnist Taki to publish a national fortnightly magazine in autumn called 'The American Conservative.' Motto of the conservatives; Criticism against William Kristol; Other conservatives who will write...
- New Opponent for Bush. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;6/21/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 25, p12
Reports on the contribution of Pat Buchanan to the authorship of the book "Where the Right Went Wrong," which criticized the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush. Areas of criticisms tackled in the book.
- An Autumn Full of Audio. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;7/31/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 30, p34
A list of audiobooks released in the fall of 2006 is presented. In the fiction field, there are long-awaited novels from Charles Frazier and Scott Smith and the much-anticipated audio edition of the classic To Kill a Mockingbird, read by Sissy Spacek. Politics aficionados will enjoy titles from...
- News Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;
Presents news briefs related to book publishing as of June 21, 2004. Penguin Books Ltd.'s promotion of reading in Great Britain; Picador's acquisition of rights to Andrea Levy's novel "Small Island"; Thomas Dunne's payment to conservative Pat Buchanan for a book to be called "Where the Right...
- Buchanan doing a column again. // Editor & Publisher;02/08/97, Vol. 130 Issue 6, p29
Reports that political columnist and former presidential candidate, Pat Buchanan will syndicate his opinion-editorial feature under the Creators Syndicate. Buchanan's political and journalism career.
- Paleocons' Revenge. Joiner, Whitney // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Sep2002, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p53
Features the periodical 'The American Conservative.' Launch date of 'American Conservative'; Content of the periodical; Creation of the periodical by former presidential candidate and right-wing pundit, Pat Buchanan.
- Pat Buchanan and the Jews. Shapiro, Edward S. // Judaism;Spring96, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p226
Focuses on the Jews' negative impression of American politician and columnist Pat Buchanan. Differences between paleo-conservatives and the neo-conservatives; Buchanan's opposition to Desert Shield and Desert Storm; Effect of the conservative intellectual movement of the 1950s in Buchanan's...
- Standing pat. Postrel, Virginia I. // Reason;May96, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p4
Editorial. Focuses on liberalist political views related to American presidential candidate Pat Buchanan. Establishment Republicanism; Buchanan's populist strategy; Publication of the book `The True and Only Heaven,' by Christopher Lasch.