Wiley P/T Finishes First Fiscal '07 Quarter with 9% Revenue Gain
- Wiley's Fiscal '07 Revs Up 5%; Business Books Dominate Trade Side. // Book Publishing Report;Jul2007, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p9
The article reports on the increase in revenue of John Wiley & Sons Inc. for fiscal 2007 which ended April 30. Intricately, revenue leap to $1.2 billion, up 18 percent, on the back of Blackwell Publishing, which was acquired on February 2. A chart is presented depicting the firm's bestsellers...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;3/17/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 11, p4
This section offers news briefs on the U.S. book industry. Vroman's Bookstore has been named Bookseller of the Year. The store was cited for its tremendous service to the community. Sales in Hachette's publishing operations in the U.S. and Canada were close to $500 million last year,...
- John Wiley Reports Gains in Sales, Profits. Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;9/8/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 36, p12
Reports on the increase in the first quarter ending July 30, 2003 sales and profits of John Wiley & Sons ending. Types of books which contributed to the high revenue of the company; Deal which enabled the company to broaden its computer publishing business; Reason for the decline in the first...
- Mixed Second Quarter for Wiley. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/8/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 49, p7
Reports on the revenue increase posted by publishing company John Wiley & Sons in the second quarter ended October 31, 2003. Percentage of increase in net income; Factors attributed for the sales variation in different book categories; Outlook on book sales.
- Revenue Down Slightly At John Wiley & Sons P/T Segment. // Book Publishing Report;9/13/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p4
Reports that John Wiley & Sons Inc. has reported a slight decline in revenue for fiscal quarter 2005 in the U.S. List of the company's flagship titles for the quarter; Factor that caused the sluggish financial performance; Statement of CEO William Pesce, on what drives the year-on-year growth...
- Wiley Sees Modest Fiscal Q3 Education Revenue Growth. // Educational Marketer;3/26/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p3
The article reports on the financial performance of Hoboken, New Jersey-based global publisher John Wiley & Sons Inc. for the third quarter of 2011 ended January 31, 2012. Chief executive officer (CEO) Stephen Smith reveals the company enjoyed 3.6 percent U.S. sales increase against a published...
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;12/9/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p8
Focuses on the financial performance of book publishers in the U.S. Factors contributing to book sales decline; Reference to the experience of publisher John Wiley & Sons; Sales of the different books published by the firm.
- 20% Growth In Travel Titles Helps John Wiley & Sons FY 2004. // Book Publishing Report;
Reports on Hoboken, New Jersey-based book publisher John Wiley & Sons Inc.'s earnings for the fiscal year ended April 30, 2004. Total sales; Quarterly revenues; Comparison with financial performance in previous periods.
- Acquisitions Push Wiley Sales, Earnings. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/13/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 11, p20
Reports on the third quarter financial results at publishing company John Wiley & Sons for the period ended January 31, 2000. Role of the company's several acquisitions in its growth in revenues; Net income for the quarter; Number of electronic books it plans to release for the year 2000.