Rugged Land Posts Record 2005; Driven by Football Books in 2006
- Rugged Land Books Aims for Popular Hits. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/24/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 39, p19
Provides information on the publishing company Rugged Land Books. Books to be launched by the company in 2002; Operation and business plans of the company.
- Top 300 magazines by 1992 gross revenues. // Advertising Age;6/14/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 25, Ad age 300 pS-6
This section presents the top 300 U.S. consumer magazine publications according to their 1992 gross revenues.
- Methodology for Ad Age 300. Endicott, R. Craig; Brown, Kevin; Taras, Susen; Trapp, Jaime // Advertising Age;6/14/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 25, pS-19
This article provides information on the methodology used for the Ad Age 300 report in which the 300 leading consumer publications in the U.S. are ranked and their gross revenues determined. Revenues from advertising in most cases come from monitoring services such as Publishers Information...
- Rugged duo stake book, pic territory. Lyons, Charles; Ding, Jonathan // Daily Variety;9/4/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the formation of Rugged Land Books, an independent publisher, by book editor Shawn Coyne and movie producer Webster Stone. Number of books to be published annually; Amount of capital investment by a billionaire investor; distribution of the books by German distributor Holtzbrinck.
- Rugged Land, National Lampoon in Deal. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;11/4/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 44, p16
Reports on the co-publishing deal signed between comedy company National Lampoon and Rugged Land. First book to be released under the deal; Efforts made by National Lampoon to revive itself.
- Revenue, Restructuring Drive Performance in 2007. // Educational Marketer;4/14/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on the improvement of the operating performance and margins of educational publishers in the U.S. in 2007. According to the Publisher Performance Index, the operating income of publishers has increased by 13 percent compared to 2006. It also notes that the improvement in...
- Harcourt Prevails in Florida Science Adoption with a 51% Share in K-8 Sales. // Educational Marketer;11/13/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 32, p1
The article reports on the suspension of science textbooks orders in grades K-5 by large school districts in Florida. The suspension has sabotaged the revenue expectations of the publishers like Harcourt Science, which dominates the K-5 segment, having a 51.3% share of $37.6 million sales. The...
- Leading magazines gain 5.2% to $36.6 billion. Morrison, Maureen // Advertising Age;10/23/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 43, pS-13
The article looks at a report by magazine "Advertising Age," which ranks the top 300 magazines in the U.S. Overall, the top 300 magazines, led by consumer title gains, advanced 5.2% in gross revenue from advertising and circulation to $36.64 billion in 2005. Among the various statistics,...
- Profits Tumbled 23% in Scholastic's Publishing Unit. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/1/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 35, p12
Reports on the decrease in the operating profit of Scholastic's book publishing and distribution group in the fiscal year ended May 31, 2003. Revenue posted by the company; Factors attributed for the earnings decline; Percentage of declines in trade sales.