Harcourt Names Waterhouse President and COO; Focus on Domestic Education Business
- Harcourt Assessment Rebuilds with Michael Hansen as New CEO. // Educational Marketer;8/7/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 22, p3
The article reports that San Antonio, Texas-based Harcourt Assessment Corp. has named Michael Hansen as its president and CEO. It is one of the several steps the company is taking to improve its competitive position in the market and its financial performance. Harcourt Education CEO Pat Tierney...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;9/18/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 37, p4
The article presents news briefs concerning the book industry in the U.S. as of September 2006. Harcourt Education has appointed Lloyd Waterhouse as its president and COO. Bookstore sales declined in July according to preliminary estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau. Internationally, sales in...
- Harcourt Education To Cut 350 Positions. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/3/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the decision of Harcourt Education to downsize in February 2003. Reason behind the downsizing initiative; Divisions which will be affected by the downsizing; Approximation of the number of employees who will be laid off.
- Spalding Named President Of Harcourt School. // Publishers Weekly;11/11/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 45, p10
Reports on the appointment of Jan Spalding as president of Harcourt Education's Harcourt School Publishers as of November 2002. Details on his career; Information on the promotion of Nancy Chumbley as executive vice president of sales for the school group.
- Harcourt Decides Not to Sell Heinemann-Raintree, Moves Business to International. // Educational Marketer;10/2/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 28, p1
The article reports on the decision of the Orlando, Florida-based Harcourt Education Group not to sell its Chicago, Illinois-based Heinemann-Raintree library publishing business. Harcourt's decision happens simultaneously with the reorganization of the reporting structure of business units...
- Harcourt Plans Exit From Global Elementary Library Market. // Educational Marketer;2/20/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p3
The article reports that Harcourt Education Group company is selling its library publishing businesses up for sale in the U.S. All the businesses are part of the Harcourt Achieve, Professional and Trade division. Harcourt decided to sell the businesses due to the company's focus on development...
- Peopleï¿½. // Electronic Education Report;9/22/2006, Vol. 13 Issue 18, p8
The article announces the appointment of Lloyd "Buzz" Waterhouse as the president and chief operating officer of Harcourt Education. Waterhouse, the former chief executive officer (CEO) and chairman of Reynolds and Reynolds will report directly to Pat Tierney, Harcourt Education Global CEO....
- In Cost-Cutting Measure, Harcourt Education Eliminates 350 of 3,000 Jobs Nationwide. // Educational Marketer;2/3/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the layoff of several employees of Harcourt Education Group in Orlando, Florida. Implementation of cost-cutting measures by the company; Number of employees accepting the voluntary separation offer of the company; Statistics on the revenue of the company.
- Harcourt Plays Catch-Up In E-Basal Textbook Alliance With Riverdeep. // Educational Marketer;11/5/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p5
Reports on the strategic alliance between Harcourt Education Group and educational software publisher Riverdeep to develop electronic textbooks in the United States.